Got My 7800gtx

I came home from school today to wait for the UPS guy for my 7800gtx. I was very eager to see the UPS guy outside and get the package. I waited and waited. After all that waiting, I decided to wait a bit more. UPS usually comes at around 4-4:30, but today, it didn't come until 7:14. Ridiculous, I know. I brought the package to my room:

I bought this from dangerousfigure, by the way. Great seller. He included everything in the box in the original packaging, for only $310 shipped.

post-85915-0-23207900-1347479665_thumb.png

It is a huge card, bigger than I expected, which turned out great as far as wire management goes, but may cause more airflow problems than it solves.

post-85915-0-90948300-1347479778_thumb.jpg

I fired up 3dmark '05 and got some better results than I had hoped for:

unigine_20120913_0918.html

All in all, I am very happy with this. It was a long wait,b ut it was worth it. Unfortunately, I still can't use high textures on BF2 because I have only 1 GB of RAM. I am selling stuff on ebay soon, so I will buy another gig once I have some cash (unless somebody will trade another gig of patriot xbl for a gig of OCZ gold).

Edited by martymcfly

good price you got it for too, i suggest you remove the pos thermal "paper" off it and use some AS5, worked for me and should work for you. if your going extreme on air try seeing if your card can do 500/1337 :lol:

good for you gunak :P but the gtx>gt hehe j/k.

612077[/snapback]

You are right about the GTX being better than the GT. I was saying that I'm very impressed by my GT and that Marty's GTX must be an even greater experience.

You are right about the GTX being better than the GT. I was saying that I'm very impressed by my GT and that Marty's GTX must be an even greater experience.

612089[/snapback]

hell yea you see how much he paid for it? eh sweet deal he got, but wonder if he got it cheap because it was a poor clocker though.

If you saw the guy's threads, he was having problems with WoW.  I think he was just frustrated.  Now he has an x1800xt.

612094[/snapback]

Smart guy ;) . Seriously though, nice card and nice score on 3dmark, especially if that is stock clocks. Have fun with it.