Two Pci-e Slots....

Couldnt you do this:

2 x video cards

2 x monitors

2 x usb keyboards and mice

Couldnt you play two games two people etc, that would be kind of cool if it would work

Couldnt you do this:

2 x video cards

2 x monitors

2 x usb keyboards and mice

Couldnt you play two games two people etc, that would be kind of cool if it would work

611937[/snapback]

i dont think i could do that 2 keyboard two mouse thing

lol

hahahahahah

but i have watched a movie and played CS at the same time!!!

but i only have one video card

Edited by whimp

If the lack of NF4 in the name, and the fact that there was an Intel chipset in the name didn't hint at anything swifty... <_<.

But yes, it's for multiple displays.

dean: No, you can't, not without two cursors and two areas for input. Both KBs and mice will be read as one. I run a dual keyboard setup (can't stand this Microsoft wireless one though), and have tried two mice one day when bored.

KB is right, you cannot run SLI on a 945 chipset. The extra 16X slot (wired for 1X/2X/4X bandwidth electrically) is only there mainly if you want to run a secnd video card for extra displays, or another PCI-Express device.

A little off topic, but the upcoming 975X chipset (with 2 physical 16X slots) will support ATI's crossfire technology, but it will not support Nvidia's SLI technology.

the reason for 2 PCI_E slots is quite simple.... DXG (Direct Xtreme Grafics) is what its called its called by nVidia on the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D mobo... its kinda crappy... course that being nF4 Ultra chipset it can be modded. but basically its so u can use 2x 16x PCI-E cards at 8x/8x or 16x/2x its basically allowing you to run quadvision. when you buy a mobo and its got 2 PCI-E slots my recommendation is to see if its SLi, DXG, or Crossfireand dont get a DXG board