Two Pci-e Slots....

i have two PCI-E 16x slots on my motherboard with no SLI and i was wondering what is the point of two slots???

one video card a screen?? :blink:

I think there is some cards in pci-e soundcards maybe idk.

611908[/snapback]

hhhmmm

yeah but for some reason in my manual it says i can hook up two videocards but it dosent say why... :withstupid:

i have two PCI-E 16x slots on my motherboard with no SLI and i was wondering what is the point of two slots???

one video card a screen??  :blink:

611906[/snapback]

ok you can still run sli but do not need a bridge, you may need to mod the chipset most likely.

Well the number one reason is likely that it's cheaper to have 2 boards run off of the same PCB.

Next it gives options for more cards and more displays. Also the slot will work with the lower bandwidth itesm aswell, so it's not totally wasted.

If someone wanted to run multiple video cards for a multi monitor setup, you could. Some new cards--video capture, sound, controller cards, etc--may some day be able to utilize pci-e bandwidth. It does seem kinda pointless though!

It's cheaper to manufacture one PCB and use the SLI and non-SLI chipsets. There are cases were you can modify the non-SLI chipset to work with SLI (you need the bridge though.)

Also, you could use two video cards x2 monitors each for a quad-monitor setup. This could be useful in CAD and content creation.

how would i mod my chipset................

611921[/snapback]

most likely you cant due to the fact nvidia has no official made it even harder to do it, there is a guide lilkev posted on how to do this though.

most likely you cant due to the fact nvidia has no official made it even harder to do it, there is a guide lilkev posted on how to do this though.

611924[/snapback]

well i have an intel chipset