New Pump/res Combo

What's up, OCC? It's been a long while since I've been in these forums. Anyway, I've been looking at getting a new pump for my system for a long time but never could find one to my liking. I found this pump/reservoir combo at frozencpu.com that looks good but I need some feedback. alphacool

Just wondering if anyone's seen any good reviews for this product. And, yes, I did google it already but it's made in germany and most of the search results are all in german. If anyone had any insight on this product it would be appreciated. Thanks.

ex-pmp-41_3.jpg

One thing that I didn't think about initially was that it is really stupid to submerge your pump inside your res. When it is fully submerged in the water it will dump ALL of it's heat into your water, therefore heating up your entire loop.

One thing that I didn't think about initially was that it is really stupid to submerge your pump inside your res.  When it is fully submerged in the water it will dump ALL of it's heat into your water, therefore heating up your entire loop.

612439[/snapback]

I've thought of that too.. but then again, your other components suffer from heat output by an inline dry pump.. why not water-cool the pump, as long as it goes to the rad before the processor, then it should only make a minute difference to the heat put out by actual hardware

i really like the looks of that by the way, i say go for it if the gph is decent

amount of heat being release into the loop from your inline pump is basically negligible man.. really, water have a really high heat capacity.. i wont worry much about any of that heat release into loop and making your cooling capability lower stuff :D

amount of heat being release into the loop from your inline pump is basically negligible man.. really, water have a really high heat capacity.. i wont worry much about any of that heat release into loop and making your cooling capability lower stuff :D

612685[/snapback]

It is a lot bigger deal then you guys think. Go over to Xtremesystems.org there has been some pretty conclusive testing done on the subject.

Edited by Nagash