Noob W'c Question

foamy654

Hey,

My Mom and I where going to buy a Gateway Fx4000( or somthing like that)

and then found out that we cant get financed so I will more than likely go go costom

so i was wondering what problems should i be expecting and i was going to water cool *cpu only*

here are the system spec's ..oh and are there any good w'c systems or any nice parts to make a costom system that you would sugest :

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

~ ~

COOLER MASTER Praetorian 730 RC-730-KSN1 Black Computer Case - Retail

~ ~

eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N517-AX Video Card - Retail

~ ~

OCZ 2GB (4 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Platinum System Memory - Retail ~ ~

OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI 600W Power Supply - Retail

~ ~

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail

~ ~

Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2 - OEM

~ ~

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card - Retail :

and I would like to use something compatable with the danger den RBX waterblock and black ice 2 radiator but im open to sugestions

since this is your 1st build, i would HIGHLY advise to NOT go watercooling. if you make a mistake, you are screwed. water+electronics dont mix... unless you plan to overclock seriously, go air cooling, a good thermalright si120 heatpipe heatsink (google it) will satisfy most cpus.

does the high performce version cool better i saw that it stands higher of the mobo?

but this case dos have a little duct that gos from a mesh on the side to the hs so i dont know if it will fit the high performace version

that duct is optional, you can take it out. if you wont overclock, i say leave the stock cooler on the cpu, no watercooling or anything.

"does the high performce version cool better i saw that it stands higher of the mobo?" -also not sure that youre talking about here.

if this is your first build, you'll have enough on your plate with the dfi board without having to mess with watercooling at the same time... i'd suggest getting it running on air first...

yes i agree now that i have finaly whent to sleep but saying tha hardnrg has the best oc on opty's

are optys harder to work with because i dont realy got the xtra 100+ bucks for the athlon ...

i was thinkin mabey a opty 148? :blink: but if its easyer to go with the athlon ill do that...

srry for nooby questions if im diggin myself in to harder project

yes i agree now that i have finaly whent to sleep but saying tha hardnrg has the best oc on opty's

are optys harder to work with because i dont realy got the xtra 100+ bucks for the athlon ...

i was thinkin mabey a opty 148? :blink: but if its easyer to go with the athlon  ill do that...

srry for nooby questions if im diggin myself in to harder project

609458[/snapback]

The 3700+ is about the same price as the 148, but I think the 3700+ is cheaper though. For all practical purposes, they're the same thing. (for all the anal people: I know they're not the exact same.)