Lan Stops Responding

lost

its pretty strange, everything works fine, but aftter i turn on Azureus, my network connection stops responding. i cant get a signal, i cant even disable or repair the local area network in the "network connections"

it took me a little while to figure it out, and after a few restarts, and driver updates that Azureus was causing the problem, its rare, isnt it? i tried looking up the problem on google, and seems like i'm not the only one.

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/...onnectReconnect

I see the message too (Azureus 2.3.0.0/Gentoo/AMD64); but I've also seen Azureus claiming a disconnect while incoming UDP messages were piling up in the input buffer... Could it be a race condition or incorrect error handling?

guess i should find a new torrent client?

Could possibly be your ISP messing with BT. I've seen that going around a little. When you connect to BT, your connection drops.

606698[/snapback]

i dont think its my ISP. because when i restart my computer, it works just fine.

Do you have Service Pack 2?

If so, Check your Event Viewer for Event ID "4226 Event TCP/IP, TCP Connect Limit Reached "... If you see that error, then you need to apply the following patch to increase the number of TCP connection attempts here.

Service Pack 2 limits your TCP connections to 10. Bittorrent connects you to usually many more peers than 10, which can cause this connection timeout. I'd recomend setting your limit between 50 and 100.

Edited by Cookieman123