Nfs Mw

MadMan

In my sig you can see my 2nd rig....well Seeing how the main rig's mobo is fried I am playing this game on my other rig. The thing is the game is running sluggish and studdering during gameplay. I have gone into video settings and lowered the quality and also am running it at 800x640. I also went and got the 1.3 update and still no fixes. I just bought the game yesterday but would like to see this run better. I would figure the second rig would be good enough to run this decently. I am also thinking it may be a lack of ram so now I am gonna throw in my stick from my main rig to give this rig a gig to see if that does any better...any ideas to improve performance without having to drastically change the looks of gameplay??

runs really well here on a P4 2.53  on 768mb ram and an X800GTO1

i play 1024x768 pretty maxed out (not full aa/af, about halfway) and dont experience slowdown at all

sounds like a driver problem maybe?

603104[/snapback]

512mb is pretty limiting nowadays. Try disabling background processes and guaging the effect is has on performance. Of all the upgrades I've ever done to my computer, nothing was as noticable to me as going from 512->1024

:shrug:

I can't figure it out...I stuck in the other memory stick to give it 1gb and still the same sluggishness at parts and at times it runs smooth then gets sluggish and slow and whatnot...I have turned off ALL programs running in background..I just don't know..maybe its because of slower proc and crappy mobo who knows...But Christmas this rig is getting an upgrade to a 3.2 LGA775 and a MSI board hopefully that will help but for some reason I doubt it...anyways I will work with what I have and I can't wait to get my dang mobo so I can use my comp again...and btw I LOVE THIS GAME! Just hate all the problems I am having with it

It could also be that the drivers for the video card isn't updated

not sure wat the latest update is for ur card but check on the website and get the beta version of the update and it should speed it up if not then its sumthin running in the background: it could be various things like norton anti-virus or anything else small hope it helps

It could also be that the drivers for the video card isn't updated

not sure wat the latest update is for ur card but check on the website and get the beta version of the update and it should speed it up if not then its sumthin running in the background: it could be various things like norton anti-virus or anything else small hope it helps

603488[/snapback]

For drivers I am running 81.85's not the absolute latest but very recent. As for virus software I use AVG but like I said I have quit ALL programs and there is absolutly nothing running in the background...I guess I will just have to wait for 2 days and see how it runs with the new system and go from there...

read my sig under, i play nfs smoothly on it, so its not hardware, hope someone can help u

=:= My Custom Notebook =:=

A64 3000+, Clawhammer 754

1GB pc 3200

9700Pro with 128Mb Dedicated

40Gb 5400rpm Hd

Cdrw/Dvd reader

15.4" widescreen Lcd

edit have u tried reinstalln xp or something? or try checking your bios for any settings that are not default.

Edited by Enyce2k9

a reinstall would indeed work, but its not ideal.

try some different (older/newer) drivers. i used to use nvidia drivers that were always a few months behind until i was positive newer ones were not a big screw up.