Idiots On Strike

swifty11212

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just read an articale on google news about the strike and it seems to me it revolves around pension/health care and retirment.if those are the issues then most likely the city wants to pay less retirement pension, raise the retirment age and give less for health care. it also states that the union offered the city a deal just before the strike and the city refused it.

if those truly are the issues then i say good on the mta workers.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...1142564,00.html

Edited by RADEON

i just read an articale on google news about the strike and it seems to me it revolves around pension/health care and retirment.if those are the issues then most likely the city wants to pay less retirement pension, raise the retirment age and give less for health care. it also states that the union offered the city a deal just before the strike and the city refused it.

if those truly are the issues then i say good on the mta workers.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...1142564,00.html

601425[/snapback]

There are many issues at play of course. It's all about quid pro quo after all. But the main sticking point is the salary increase. I forget the exact percentages, but it was something like the city wants to increase the salaray 9% this year and the union wants 20+% over the next 3 yrs. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the difference was huge, and neither side would budge, which is where these other issues come into play, to try and negotiate. As for the union offering a deal right before they struck, big whoop. That's how it always is. The city's not going to give in just because the union threatens to strike. Hell, now the union is acting illegally.

ps. if u don't live in the NYC area, you have no idea what we've gone thru with the f'n mta. no "good on the mta workers"....good on bloomberg for standing his ground, and not giving in to pressure from idiots like Sharpton.

i really dont think the union would go so far as to break laws and potentialy risk HUGE fines for something menial. if thier going this far they got to have a good reason. and with all the camotion and seeing all the new yorkers . and moaning it just gos to show how important these employees really are and how they should be recognized. and im willing to bet that the col raises for the mta employees over the past decade have been crap thats probably why thier asking for such a big raise. i work for a local school district and over the past 9 years weve got less than 12% col increase of pay. most of the time they gave us a lousy 1% raise for the year. i know were thier coming from and they aren't going to go thru all this with out an extremely good reason.

Edited by RADEON

Since it is illegal in NY to do this, i hope they all get fired and get back to work. Boo hoo hoo, I need more money. Well, I am a computer tech for a school district and I make way way less than any other tech in another school district. Right now, my union is fighting to get us more money. And guess what, I am going to let my union fight for more money while I do my job. Do they think striking will change anything. Unemployment is quite high in NY and there are a lot of people willing to do what they do. Its not that hard to drive a subway train. A lot of it is already computerized anyways. FIRE THEM ALL.

Im from NYC too. Queens to be exact. What i heard was that they were doing this because of the so called "terrorist threat"?, well thast what i heard, and after hearing that IMO, if i was them i would demand more $, knowing that you can die tommarow or the day after tommarow, i wanna get more $ for being in a riskier job. Just look at airport jobs and airplaine jobs, their employees quit because of the risk, so they started paying more because of the risk.

Im from NYC too. Queens to be exact. What i heard was that they were doing this because of the so called "terrorist threat"?, well thast what i heard, and after hearing that IMO, if i was them i would demand more $, knowing that you can die tommarow or the day after tommarow, i wanna get more $ for being in a riskier job. Just look at airport jobs and airplaine jobs, their employees quit because of the risk, so they started paying more because of the risk.

601466[/snapback]

that's bs. subway conductors are no more in risk of terrorist acts than a rider. It comes down to money, and radeon, it doesn't matter whether they've gotten a 20% raise in the last five years or 1%, they're making more money that half the people the ride the subway, and their bosses are making 10x that.

601466[/snapback]

i hadnt even tought of that. if thats not a crap good reason for more money then i dont know what is.

i hadnt even tought of that. if thats not a crap good reason for more money then i dont know what is.

601480[/snapback]

I guess I should get paid for walking out of my house then because there's more risk of getting hit by a car than getting blown up by a terrorist.

And hey, I work with computers, what if I get electrocuted! Or maybe I slice my wrist working on a case and die from blood loss! I better go ask my boss for a raise! BRB!

I'm also from NYC- Brooklyn. I was suppose to go into the city but a friend of mine who was suppose to come with me and said "Forget it, there ain't sht running". Told me no buses and no trains... I just heard the radio and they said that a bunch of people are bundled up and crossing the brooklyn bridge together.

The Mayor is giving a warning to these MTA low lives to stop this illegal strike.

Edited by silkster

ya know whats sad is how many people DONT have jobs right now, and these guys think they have it bad. be happy with what you have. idiots :angry2:

if ya got money coming home feeding you/or your family, dont classy lady so much. cause theres alot of people who dont have money coming home.

I'm also from NYC- Brooklyn. I was suppose to go into the city but a friend of mine who was suppose to come with me and said "Forget it, there ain't sht running". Told me no buses and no trains... I just heard the radio and they said that a bunch of people are bundled up and crossing the brooklyn bridge together.

The Mayor is giving a  warning to these MTA low lives to stop this illegal strike.

601495[/snapback]

yeah, i think I heard that Mayor Bloomberg walked across the bridge as well to show his sympathy for commuters affected by the strike.