Idiots On Strike

swifty11212

today is the transit strike in new york city. its . me off seeing how idiots with no college degrees who earn about 40-50k yearly demand for more...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They say its not about money but respect. Hah! Its about money. I say fire them all and hire non union people to drive the buses and trains.

601372[/snapback]

the private bus lines (they dont have a union btw) were already on strike since monday. eh. perhaps its a bus thing.

Yes they are a bunch of ungrateful f*cks. And with the immigrants working for $2.00 an hour its getting harder to find a job here even with a degree.

(I got back home yesterday after a short stay at the New York Presbyterian Hospital for my 3rd surgery diagnosed colon cancer) doing fine with the Vicodin :D

no swifty it's not a bus thing, I am right now in my house typing this because there is no subway service either. I'm honestly thinking of starting an OCC carpool if this goes on as long as the 1980 strike. I will be going to the Wall St. area in the mornings and if anyone else is going the same way, please post or pm me... I think a new thread may be required... :angry2:

well the news is more focused on the buses than subways. btw the radio host of hot97 cursed out the twu represantative in creol (i think thats how its spelled) and it was funny :lol: i gotta walk to my school now... 20 minutes... :bah: prolly stay home.

swifty it looks like I may be stuck at home. my boss said to "sit tight" so at this point I am just sitting around watching channel 2. if you can't get to school, really need a ride, and you're not too far, I may be able to give you a lift, pm me if needed ;)

It's all about the money. I would love to see what would happen if the city were to just hire some 'permanent' scabs and totally lay off the entire trnasit work force. If these transit workers are anything like the longshoremen or the UAW...they're going to beat up anyone who tries to cross the picket line.

Reason #4,757,362,362 why Lo hates unions.

the private bus lines (they dont have a union btw) were already on strike since monday. eh. perhaps its a bus thing.

601376[/snapback]

it is a union thing. The private bus companies went on strike yesterday to show their support and to act as a warning.

Anyways, makes me SOOOO glad I no longer work in the city; if this happened three months ago I would have been pissed as hell.

And FYI for the non-NYC people, these transit workers aren't even allowed to strike, legally. In fact, when it occurred 25 (?) years ago, the union was fined $1million/day. So yeah, not only are they greedy bastards, they're complete morons as well.

Furthermore, as someone who used to pay $300/month for monthly LIRR and subway passes, I followed the MTA battles for awhile, and for those that don't know, the top execs make an exorbitant amount of money to do nothing, and in fact got huge raises over the summer instead of them canceling fare hikes. Then they wind up with a $900million (i think that was the figure) surplus for the year and instead of putting the money aside to stop future hikes that are planned over the next three years, or use that money for repairs, they instead use it to create the most idiotic "holiday promotional" fare rates. Wow, you're giving me an extra ride during the 2-month holiday season?! SCORE! (puh-lease)

I made less than $25k in my first job after college, and these people have the right to demand more money?! I hope they like paying their fines.

To elaborate on clay's post, it is called the Taylor law and basically says public workers cannot strike. Right now the MTA is trying to push a charge of criminal contempt and basically all transit workers are to be fined $25,000 each day they strike...