Lighting Help

ok, i want to have the lights in my computer be blue when it is "off" and another group of lights all red go on when the rest of the system is on. simple: computer "off" blue lighting, hit the on button blue lights go off, red and rest of computer come on.

any words on how i could go about doing this? and will i need 2 psu's?

ok, i want to have the lights in my computer be blue when it is "off" and another group of lights all red go on when the rest of the system is on. simple: computer "off" blue lighting, hit the on button blue lights go off, red and rest of computer come on.

any words on how i could go about doing this? and will i need 2 psu's?

593084[/snapback]

hmmm - interesting proposal but who needs to turn their computer off :P

anywaysi would suggest maybe 2 PSU's and have a couple of relays to switch between teh PSU's and the lights?

unfortunately he's right, without relay there's no off one light, on the other cause a relay switches the power from one to the other.

You can always still have 2 psu and 1 on/off switch one for blue and ON for red lol :lol:

You might not need two power supplies to do it.

There's a line on the 20/24 pin mobo connector that's always got power (most boards have an LED that's always lit). You'd need to find that pin and use a voltmeter to see what kind of voltage is on it. If it's 12v, you can use that even while the comp is off.

For the relays, just get one ground sensing relay and one 12v sensing relay and connect the triggers for both to the 12v line on one of your molex connectors. When the comp is on, they'll see 12v and turn one relay on, and when it's off they'll see ground and turn the other on.

Just have to see what the constant power line on the PSU gives. I may do it later just out of curiosity, but it's bed time right now :P

the standby voltage is 5V, not 12V... you could get a cheapy 12V dc adapter (you call them wall-worts?!) lol, anyway, yeah and just rip it open and wire it up with relays...

that's what i'd do anyway, you don't need a whole atx psu... all you need is 12v dc with maybe like 500mA or w/e for the lights

yea i had something like that in mind i wonderd if a have to sodder some kind of relay switch or blah blah blah.......(never heard of a relay switch,this is bad!) lol

593418[/snapback]

No the whole thing is pointless because of what he says loll :lol:

Use the standby voltage which is 5v, and simply use the points where the standby led is on the board, and wire up a blue led, and for the red.. maybe u could by a lanparty board like me? they have diagnostic leds, and they go in the frontx system..