Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

DraconicPenguin

so like, me and my bmw pal decided to do a short little run on the highway. it was really freakin cold (13f), so an interesting night for a race. after letting our cars warm up in the wendys parking lot, we lined up at the nearest light. we didnt have the option of launching at the light, so we had to turn and do a roll race.

civic mods: d16z6@6psi, 5spd, non-intercooled, greddy emanage, stock exhaust with a stupid fart cannon (on there when i bought it)

bmw: i6, auto

first go, 20mph roll

i couldnt maintain speed in 1st gear. so i just punched it, smoked 1st gear bouncing off the revlimiter. i guess trying to drive in first gear while in m4d 1st g3aR vtaAAK wasnt a good idea.

second go, 60 - 90ish

my bmw pal called me to try to get this race goin y0! i couldnt hear anything over my fart cannon so we wernt going to honk off the race. my bmw pal counted down from 3 and i punched it in 3rd gear. i took 3rd gear up thru mad 3rd gear vtak up to around 80, shifted to fourth and continued to about 90 ish before i shut it down. the bimmer was about 1 or so car lengths behind me. my bmw pal, being the ricer he is, flew by me at about 100.

cliffs: civic Si turbo vs bmw, civic wins by a car length

yeah our cars are crazy fast yizzo, we'll take it to the track when it opens next year

kthxbye

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i have an 05 gto with an ls2 (all stock) and would beat you in a quarter mile by about 6-7 cars easily and i dont consider my car "fast".....fast is a lamborgini, or a ferrari.....anything with around 400hp (me) is just BARELY hitting the "fast" mark. so in conslusion, a civic isnt really anything to brag about, unless u dump 20k into the motor ALONE, then u got a sweet azz ride.

i dont make fun of a teen driving a STOCK (as in, no stickers, rimz, and pringle tubs), but when they put rims, lights, and tubes on them, and then say they are a racer....i laugh hardcore

and yes i know you didnt say that dude but i know others will come in saying "well my car has a turbo with an intercooler and its FAST...." so just clearing it up before it even starts lol....

although i give you props for beating ur buddy in that bmw.

sorry for the rant, i just got done arguing the ricer bit with my friend LOL :D

lol i have an 05 gto with an ls2 (all stock) and would beat you in a quarter mile by about 6-7 cars easily and i dont consider my car "fast".....fast is a lamborgini, or a ferrari.....anything with around 400hp (me) is just BARELY hitting the "fast" mark.  so in conslusion, a civic isnt really anything to brag about, unless u dump 20k into the motor ALONE, then u got a sweet azz ride.

i dont make fun of a teen driving a STOCK (as in, no stickers, rimz, and pringle tubs), but when they put rims, lights, and tubes on them, and then say they are a racer....i laugh hardcore

and yes i know you didnt say that dude but i know others will come in saying "well my car has a turbo with an intercooler and its FAST...." so just clearing it up before it even starts lol....

although i give you props for beating ur buddy in that bmw.

sorry for the rant, i just got done arguing the ricer bit with my friend LOL :D

592231[/snapback]

i agree, i know my car isnt fast. its still fun for me though because i just havnt had anything faster. even 6psi feels like a lot when your used to driving a car with 125 hp. id love to have a new gto but my financial situation prohibits things like that.

and yeah.. turbo is the only mod on my car right now, i havnt touched the appearance yet. i think it looks fine stock, although wheels wouldn't be bad :)

sisig6bx.jpg

i have a lot of plans for my car. its a fun project car while im in college, and it fits my budget nicely.

i agree, i know my car isnt fast. its still fun for me though because i just havnt had anything faster. even 6psi feels like a lot when your used to driving a car with 125 hp. id love to have a new gto but my financial situation prohibits things like that.

and yeah.. turbo is the only mod on my car right now, i havnt touched the appearance yet. i think it looks fine stock, although wheels wouldn't be bad :)

sisig6bx.jpg

i have a lot of plans for my car. its a fun project car while im in college, and it fits my budget nicely.

592238[/snapback]

your the first person with a civic i have seen go for engin mods than appearances, i like that. well i had to talk my butt off to get my parents to co-sign for me, and i had to put a 9000 down payment on it to make the payments affordable. thank goodness my parents set up this account that i put money into every week and i couldnt touch it till i was 18 and i JUST spend it about 2 months ago. if not for that i would still be driving my lumina LOL. (and my parents have that gm discount thing so that helped). good luck on whatever you do. yours will be much cheaper to hop up because there are sooo many parts to chose from, i have to search for corvette parts (same motor and tranny) and they are too expensive for me :(. and to be honest, there arent that many to choose from either. sooo, it will be bone stock for me until i get it payed off.

your the first person with a civic i have seen go for engin mods than appearances, i like that.  well i had to talk my butt off to get my parents to co-sign for me, and i had to put a 9000 down payment on it to make the payments affordable.  thank goodness my parents set up this account that i put money into every week and i couldnt touch it till i was 18 and i JUST spend it about 2 months ago.  if not for that i would still be driving my lumina LOL. (and my parents have that gm discount thing so that helped).  good luck on whatever you do.  yours will be much cheaper to hop up because there are sooo many parts to chose from, i have to search for corvette parts (same motor and tranny) and they are too expensive for me :(.  and to be honest, there arent that many to choose from either. sooo, it will be bone stock for me until i get it payed off.

592242[/snapback]

there are a few of us out there who dont rice the hell out of our civics... everytime i see a riced out civic it makes me sad i own one, but its still a great car.

my dad did the same thing with me and i used that to help buy my civic.. the price of parts is awesome with hondas. turbo kits for everyone elses cars seem to be 5-10 times more expensive than mine. i think if i got any other car, i wouldnt be able to have fun modding it.

i've only had the turbo on the car for a few weeks. it took me a while to finish it because i could only really work on it one day a week, and i had never done it before. ive got some mods planned for next spring, and with that comes more boost! wooo!

unless u dump 20k into the motor ALONE, then u got a sweet azz ride.

592231[/snapback]

good work, you see the light, as I think about half the "auto posters" on occ do...

congrats on the car too, but a civic and a bmw are pretty good for a kid just of of HS and a kid in his junior year at HS ;)