Keyboard Letters And Symbols

I am thinking about modding a keyboard, mostly by painting it. My concern is that I will then lose the letters and symbols on the keys. Obviously, my plan is to paint the keys as well as the body. I have NO artistic talent or ability, so doing them myself is not an option.

Does anyone know where I could get stickers or applique to replace the letters and such?

i havent heard of any one selling stickers for the letters/sybols on a key board. NVM then i retract my previous statment lol

how bout just become and Uber geek and memorize where the keys are........

i havent heard of any one selling stickers for the letters/sybols on a key board. NVM then i retract my previous statment lol

how bout just become and Uber geek and memorize where the keys are........

588869[/snapback]

I rarely, if ever have to look at the keys (except in some games, just to see where my hand is situated (like for the function keys), but I know that If i didn't have the letters on there, just pyschologically, it'd screw me all up

i have an old keybaord where most of teh keys are worn off, and i can type fine on it, iv got the entire kybord memorized pretty much, althogugh with no lettering on one it might scre me up, metally.

paint over the letters, it might mess you up for a little while, but youll get used to it, trust me. i type on a keyboard with all the letters in their original qwerty place, but the layout as far as my computer sees is dvorak, so only 2 of the letters on the keyboard, the m and the a are in the same place as a qwerty keyboard, its doable. btw, i learned qwerty first, and still use it quite often, but dvorak is much more comfortable, and faster. ( all the vowels are on the left hand, and the commonly used consonants are on the right)

paint over the letters, it might mess you up for a little while, but youll get used to it, trust me.  i type on a keyboard with all the letters in their original qwerty place, but the layout as far as my computer sees is dvorak, so only 2 of the letters on the keyboard, the m and the a are in the same place as a qwerty keyboard, its doable.  btw, i learned qwerty first, and still use it quite often, but dvorak is much more comfortable, and faster.  ( all the vowels are on the left hand, and the commonly used consonants are on the right)

588917[/snapback]

I have heard of that layout, but never have tried it.

I really need the keys marked. I mean, how are my index fingers gonna know which keys they are hitting if they are not marked? :P

The other reason is, the keyboard is gonna be used by my wife, who is an accomplished typist, but seldom uses a computer. She is fine with the usual typwriter keys, but anything that is specific to a computer keyboard she is lost on.

paint over the letters, it might mess you up for a little while, but youll get used to it, trust me.  i type on a keyboard with all the letters in their original qwerty place, but the layout as far as my computer sees is dvorak, so only 2 of the letters on the keyboard, the m and the a are in the same place as a qwerty keyboard, its doable.  btw, i learned qwerty first, and still use it quite often, but dvorak is much more comfortable, and faster.  ( all the vowels are on the left hand, and the commonly used consonants are on the right)

588917[/snapback]

wow, that would screw me up, having letters but them not be in the right place, that'd be worse than no letters. although a lot of fun when someone else tried to use your keyboard.