Logitech G15, Wtb? Thoughts? Features?

Mr_Yuck

I currently have a Logisys Illuminated Keyboard, but there are a few things that annoy me about it, the keys arent as visible as one might expect, you cant depress too many keys at once or else the keyboard stops responding, which has caused me to be outmaneuvered by numerous trees while flying in BF2. (Cant do joystick or mouse, but the enemy still hates me, kind of sad when I only get taken out by kamikazes, teammates, and the map though)

Also, the multimedia keys arent illuminated and they are all the same shape, so it's hard to find the correct one. Who uses the sleep key anyway?

Thirdly, the G15 just plain looks cool, especially with that LCD Display.

Then there's the feature to turn off the game crasher keys such as the windows button...

What the specs for the G15 dont tell us is how many keys can be pressed and registered at once? I heard that the Zboard allows for SEVEN! But I dont like the looks or shape of the Zboard.

Anybody have the G15? How is key visibility? Are they lit evenly? (I've noticed pictures of the Saitek Eclipse showing only the letters lit well, everything else is dim, kind of defeats the purpose of an illuminated keyboard, as it's symbols, numbers, and F keys that people often need to look at the keyboard for.)

Also, where's the best place to acquire one of these things? I do have a $10 rebate for it that came with BF2 SF.

you can get two tanks of gas for the price of that thing?? :blink:

Dang my gas guzzling, environment polluting, Horned-Antarctic Otter killing, ozone annihilating, SUV :(

In all seriousness, I have heard nothing but good things about that keyboard. I myself have been looking into getting one. I say go for it, and tell me how it goes.

Dang my gas guzzling, environment polluting, Horned-Antarctic Otter killing, ozone annihilating, SUV :(

In all seriousness, I have heard nothing but good things about that keyboard.  I myself have been looking into getting one.  I say go for it, and tell me how it goes.

586282[/snapback]

dodge minivans> SUVs :P and who cares about the environment? not the us, anyways the z15 would be best.

In all seriousness, I have heard nothing but good things about that keyboard.  I myself have been looking into getting one.  I say go for it, and tell me how it goes.

586282[/snapback]

You first. :bah:

The main issue i'm looking at is how many keys can be down at the same time.

(btw, I drive Volvo 240...~15 gal tank, ~2.30 gallon = $69) :lol:

Edited by Mr_Yuck

ive had it for almost 2 weeks now and i will say its the best dang keyboard i have ever owned in my life.

ALL the keys are lit evenly, and even has a 2 setting brightness adjustment.

i have held 5 down in cs:s but never tried any more than thqat. for 80 bucks i woul imagine that it could do 7-8 or maybe even 9.

bte i got mine at bestbuy

I just got one on friday, it is awesome. not sure about keys, i only press one at a time, what are u doing that requires 7-8? anyways, i am gonna start fidgeting with the lcd, to make it display custom stuff like my own logo's and words, then im gonna get it to display my motherboard monitor stuff. anyways i recomend it highly.

what are u doing that requires 7-8?

586740[/snapback]

Flying jets and helicopters in BF2. ;)

(try a dogfight while shooting the gun and launching missiles and talking to commander.)

WA (Yes i use the rudder too), V to voice chat, Spacebar for Guns, KP_Insert for missiles, Arrow Left and Arrow Down at the same time. That's 7. 8 if I wanna view my scores :P

bought one today, its really nice i like it alot, although the media keys are a bit buggy.

588221[/snapback]

the |<< and >>| keys are for switching songs in a playlist....not to fast forward. It took me a few minutes to figure out too.