Thermal Paste?

I am going to do a seccond build but i didn't put thermal paste on my Process or Heat sink, is it really neccersery? Does the Processor come with the stuff if i baught an AMD Athalon 64 3200+ Venice Core Socket 939?

I didn't put any on my Intel Celeron D 2.4Ghz last time and it basicly started melting

Would that apply to AMD?

Thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm  of coarse u put thermal paste on ur processor, it prevents your processor and heatsink from touching and elemiates air in between the two (since air conductes heat) AS5 recommended!

582426[/snapback]

It does eliminate the air in between the two, but does so because air does not conduct heat as well as a metal would. I wish air was conductive enough to cool my CPU w/o a HS!

YES!!!! sheeeeeesh for crying out loud how can questions like this even get asked on an overclocking site?

582459[/snapback]

Nerm you should see one of the other forums I goto, get question like that all the time, makes for easy post spamming.

Nerm you should see one of the other forums I goto, get question like that all the time, makes for easy post spamming.

582460[/snapback]

I wouldn't be able to stand it. OCC used to be a great site but lately it has been overrun with newb's that are either too lazy or too ignorant to search and do their own research about things. I hate to sound like an @$$ but OCC has gotten almost pathetic with the quality of posts and member knowledge over the last six months or so.

I wouldn't be able to stand it. OCC used to be a great site but lately it has been overrun with newb's that are either too lazy or too ignorant to search and do their own research about things. I hate to sound like an @$$ but OCC has gotten almost pathetic with the quality of posts and member knowledge over the last six months or so.

582466[/snapback]

I do very much agree with u here, although i do ask newbish questions, it's usually more about the history of NVidia, or something along those lines, mainly stuff that Im just curious about.

prolly less than 5% are actually questions about How to do this and that on a computer, since I know Enough to be able to do most of the stuff

I have the link to The OCC in my sig on every other forum, so that could be why. :P

582468[/snapback]

AH HA!! So you are at fault for the decimation of OCC!! We have caught the perp! lol :P