Just Got A New Mouse

sYstEmATiC

Please spare me comments such as; "the mx100 sucks and is not for gaming, its wireless blah blah blah it suck"......good for you. I use the MX1000 and I thinks its an amazing mouse, even if it wasn't made for gaming, it fits amazingly in your hand, and I have never gotten any kind of lag whatsoever. If you haven't used this mouse, then don't complain.

573428[/snapback]

for real, i manage to get more kills with this than i did the 518....no lag whatsoever.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an MX1000 and do a fair amount of gaming (BF2, FEAR, COD2 etc) and it works just fine for me.  Seriously lose the gamer snob thing, it just proves inability to score with a living female.

573678[/snapback]

LOL  :lol:

573983[/snapback]

:withstupid::lol:

Fact is, I've had not one but two of these mice. I purchased one, and Logitech sent me another as a replacement. I stand by my comment that this mouse blows.

1- Logitech representatives, on multiple occasions, have posted that this mouse is not considered a "gaming mouse". In addition to that, they often encourage people, on the Logitech forums, to buy another mouse for gaming.

2- The Logitech software that first came with this mouse had several problems. - I'm sure they have updated the drivers since then. The biggie was that it caused some systems to crash. Other than that, with the drivers installed, you could not map some of the buttons to commands/keys in various games such as HL2 and CS:S. Only option was to uninstall the driver. I don't know if either one of these issues have been fixed or not.

3- The mouse had a terrible repositioning lag. This was caused by picking up the mouse and setting it back down. The video documentation that was posted to the Logitech forums showed that the MX1000 took 2-5 seconds longer to "come back" compared to other wireless mice.

4- The metal Logitech "sticker" on the mouse was stuck on with cheap glue. The sticker would come loose on the edges, and rub the user’s palm. This was annoying and uncomfortable. Removing the sticker left a hole, which was just as annoying and uncomfortable.

5- Akin to #4, the skins on the MX1000 wear down fast and fall off. Probably the same cheap glue used on the MX1000 sticker.

6- The mouse also had an issue where the buttons would become "stuck" if you had a button held down when the mouse shut down. This happened a lot to me while sniping or running in various games. Not sure if this was related to not having the Logitech software installed or not.

I've never had any problems with mine. I experience no lagging and my mouse obeys every slight movement I make under the high sensitivity settings that I set during gaming. Its great size give me a confortable grip and control of the mouse's movement/directions. I guess this whole situation is just the opinion of the user, some people have had bad experiences with them, and its okay, but some people have had no problem and live happy lives in the companionship of their mice. :D

Im in the Compeditive gaming ring... As far as CPL and such.... and Well Ill tell you this no one person uses a wireless mouse...

571118[/snapback]

Maybe so, but in other leagues such as the scoutzknivez league ( i forgot name ), wireless mouses are used to air strafe, bevcausse they have no wire. The best gaming mous eimo, would be the razor copperhead ( new ) :) But i use a mx510 red

i cant believe this thread is still going. I just went out and bought ANOTHER mouse... and it is to replace the mx1000. the G7 is what i picked up. i havent played any games with it yet as i just turned it on about 10 minutes ago.

the reason i replaced the mx1000 is because of the fact that it has TONs of buttons that i dont need, and the fact that i bought an open box item and well, it wasnt "like new"... the services guy said that it worked and when i gamed for a few days i realized that it would die every few hours and therefor leads me to believe that the guy who returned it DIDNT RTFM and he screwed the batteries up by not letting it charge fully for the initial charge.

Maybe so, but in other leagues such as the scoutzknivez league ( i forgot name ), wireless mouses are used to air strafe, bevcausse they have no wire. The best gaming mous eimo, would be the razor copperhead ( new ) :) But i use a mx510 red

575943[/snapback]

As a concer who has done more airstrafing in TFC then you've gotten kills in CS (we're talking years of concussion jumping here), I'll say that that argument is bull. Use a good high sens and you're fine with wires. And I'm a high sens gamer.

i cant believe this thread is still going.  I just went out and bought ANOTHER mouse... and it is to replace the mx1000.  the G7 is what i picked up. i havent played any games with it yet as i just turned it on about 10 minutes ago.

the reason i replaced the mx1000 is because of the fact that it has TONs of buttons that i dont need, and the fact that i bought an open box item and well, it wasnt "like new"... the services guy said that it worked and when i gamed for a few days i realized that it would die every few hours and therefor leads me to believe that the guy who returned it DIDNT RTFM and he screwed the batteries up by not letting it charge fully for the initial charge.

577013[/snapback]

Wow :O , the G7 looks awesome, even though the MX1000 kicks azz, Im still willing to buy the G7 to replace the mx.