So Undecisive.

PodComm

I'm looking at getting a new video card. The only problem is that there are so many out there and I have no clue what brand to get. I know I wanna go nvidia, and i'm looking at between 200-300 bucks. can i get any suggestions on what to get and what not to get?

well.. since nvidia top of the line card right now is the 4600 id say.. find ur self and ASUS TI4600 and you will have a dope nvidia card.. or.. I would prolly wait for the FX's to come out..

do what i did, you can get an oem powercolor evil commando 2 ati radeon 9700 pro for around 275 if you look hard enough. Sure it doesnt include any games or stupid dvd software but who needs it anyway. the only thing i would say is the card is underclocked a little, so all you need to do is overclock the card a bit and youve got a kick booty card for under three bills. peace. <_

if u want to go invidia id go Ti4800 (thats 4600 with agp 8x)

but id rather go with

ATI radeon 9500 pro or if u want to spend like 350$ and get much better video card go with ATI radeon 9700 pro

but better buy an ATI based card liek Hercules/Tyan/Gigabyte rather than original ATI... thats only my opinion

but id rather go with

ATI radeon 9500 pro or if u want to spend like 350$ and get much better video card go with ATI radeon 9700 pro

but better buy an ATI based card liek Hercules/Tyan/Gigabyte rather than original ATI... thats only my opinion

idd, but that ti 4800 , would it make really that much of a difference when you install it on a mobo without agp 8x.. so i mean would it perform just the same as a ti 4600?

greetz

but id rather go with

idd, but that ti 4800 , would it make really that much of a difference when you install it on a mobo without agp 8x.. so i mean would it perform just the same as a ti 4600?

greetz

yes it would, there is no diffrence between the two. they are identical brothers, there is no deiffrence in the architecture nor the hardware... just the AGP slot interface. and even if u dont have an AGP 8x mobo it is still worth to buy an AGP 8x card

in case u buy a new pc/mobo....

Edited by alechko88