Games Keep Crashing! Video Card Problem?

Assassin X

Ok, some of my games keep crashing like Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R...etc (mostly the ones with better graphics. I have lower settings so my video card doesnt over heat and even have a Artic Cooler!

For isntance, just a few minutes ago I was playing F.E.A.R. and I wasn't 3 minutes in and all of a sudden the game slowed down to a 1 fps (from like 50). Then a few seconds later over the speakers I heard a a few screeching sounds adn then there was no sound and my screen was frozen! CTRL-ALT-DELETE and your other typical commands didn't (as always) so I rebooting my pc (and it had a slow time starting windows).

My video card is barley warm, the system was just "updated/cleaned" last week (defrag...etc/updated drivers...etc) & this system is maintined 24/7. I don't know what the problem is! But the this crash happens the same way in alot of newer games with good graphics! Could it be I have my Artic Cooler put on wrong? Maybe my Card is messed up (which my warrenty is void now)?

HELP!

Spec's in profile (yes its not a powerful system).

a moderator does it, and dude your specs are not even fully detailed. when we say specs we mean makers and model number. like the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum running 1.cb3 bios, that is a spec, or this one, LBBLE core Venice 3200+ A64 @ 2.6ghz running 260htt*10 multi.

after all the bashing u got from everyone seems that someone could have still some helpful info on ur problem. :blink:

if ur OCing u may try 2 either uping the voltages or lowering the speeds of the cpu,ram .

or loosening the timming on the ram .

good luck. ;)