Do Not See History Of Violence!

kurosen

I just needed to give you all a warning... one almost as important as DTTL... for the love of toaster ovens, DO NOT SEE HISTORY OF VOILENCE!! :ph34r:

Without question this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen... I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone so if you want to know more, please highlight the rest of this message:

This movie had unnecessary nudity and . scenes. The "action scenes", if you can call them that are short and anticlimatic. The story line which was of no intrigue, excitment, or action whatsoever was stretched more then needed and went basically no where until a short confrontation towards the end where you get a bit of "comedy"...

!!!warning spoiler!!!

the part that bothered me most? when the brother left the house and got locked out in the middle of the gunfight, then holsters his gun and digs for his keys to open the door... WHO LOOKS FOR THEIR KEYS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GUN FIGHT?!?!? WHY DIDN'T HE SHOOT THROUGH THE DOOR?!?!?!?

I apologize for the outburst and just hope you all heed my warning... Consider it a friend's way of protecting his buddies :P

And the trailer looked so good......

565355[/snapback]

That's exactly why I went to see it kash, I thought the trailer was great. The problem is the whole story was shown in the trailer, there are no twists, or climatic issues (a kidnapping would have helped, maybe) or further explanation needed... basically the entire movie was shown in the 45 seconds of that trailer. Throw in what I mentioned in my first message and run the script slow as molasses and behold, garbage is born... <_<

Not really a spoiler, but just in case:

The ONLY action/fighting besides shooting (which lasts a total of under 40 seconds through the whole movie) is the use of the art Krav Maga (sadly there was LITERALLY less then 15 seconds of this in total) which happens to be a martial art I respect very much. Also, the confrontation with the main characters son and a bully went totally nowhere... There was no point in even showing it as it didn't really affect the story...

I went and saw it, but we had free tickets to it.

You are right on how it was drawn out and the action scenes were brief. There were some parts I just couldn't figure out like when the guy and his wife were fighting, and then all of a sudden started doing it on the stairs, and then after it was over, she was all pissed off again. :blink:

I would say spend your money on something else.

I know two people who just saw it and loved it. They said "if you liked "Crash" then you'll love this". Crash was a great movie... So maybe if you've seen it and didn't like it, i'll just dismiss ur opinions towards history of violence O_o.

I cant say that I hated History of Violence, but there are so many better choices for movies. The story was ok, but the way it was filmed it and told the story ruined what could have been much better IMO.