do you think its ok to cry while watching a movie  

82 members have voted

1. 1. do you think its ok to cry while watching a movie

• yes
    • no
    • depens on the movie
    • depends whos with me
    • am i gonna score if i do???

I think its okay to get emotional at a movie. There's definatley a line though... For instance, I remember seeing A Beautiful Life (i think thats the name) and at the end I got kinda teary eyed. I think it would kind of be socially unacceptable if you just started bawling though... I mean c'mon... I don't have any good reason for thinking that it's wrong, but it JUST IS. I said it depends on the movie.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I agree with you. It's pretty ridiculous for people to cry at chick flicks or whatever... stupid films like that. I could understand if I saw somone crying at a film that's about a true life tragedy that provokes more thought than just what's being seen on the screen.

I guess I agree with you. It's pretty ridiculous for people to cry at chick flicks or whatever... stupid films like that. I could understand if I saw somone crying at a film that's about a true life tragedy that provokes more thought than just what's being seen on the screen.

:withstupid:

Edited by neddamttocs

i say yes

it is acceptable if your gay

but if your a MAN  then NO!

552249[/snapback]

OMG you're a moron lol

I say its ok depending on the movie, sometimes it's the scenes that you can relate, and it brings back memories..

enough said.

really depends on the movie...i remember like a few weeks ago when i was watchin apocolypse on tv i kinda got teary-eyed at the end where bruce stayed behind and stuff...yea but don't worry i'm straight i have pictures to prove it ;) email me to see them

haha jk about the emailing part no one sees these

really depends on the movie...i remember like a few weeks ago when i was watchin apocolypse on tv i kinda got teary-eyed at the end where bruce stayed behind and stuff...yea but don't worry i'm straight i have pictures to prove it ;)  email me to see them

haha jk about the emailing part no one sees these

552277[/snapback]

you mean armegeddon, maybe, i got it watching pay it forward. and a few others

quick change in direction ... what was the last movie that made you relly emotional. not just teary eyed it could be really mad sad happy whatever.

i really could say that gladiator got me soooo mad i was so mad at the actor i wanted to slapp him for playing cesar so well

Depends on the movie obviously. I'd say I get teary-eyed often. Not bawling or anything, but just my eyes watering. However, my eyes are sensitive to begin with. I get teary-eyed if I'm emotionally invested in a character, or for sporting events (good ones, like when I go to see Messier's # retired in January)

To all you 'manly' men who say it's not acceptable to get teary eyed at a movie, I say you ain't got a hair on ya if you can sit through Old Yeller and not show any emotion.

She never cried when Old Yeller died,

She wasn't washed in the Blood of the Lamb,

She never stood up for the Star Spangled Banner,

And she wasn't a John Wayne fan.

Her baby blue eyes hid the warning signs:

That woman was bad to the bone.

She never cried when Old Yeller died,

So do you think I

Guest Flashstar

I remember seeing Glory and that civil war regiment being mowed over right before the end of the movie with the remorseful song playing. :( You almost get attached to the actors since they are so good. Plus, that movie was like 2.5 or 3 hours long. My dog Skip wasn't as good a Glory. BTW