Interesting Cooler

heres the problem i see.

dissimilar metals! a copper waterblock and aluminum radiator.....dissimilar metals cause inherent corrosion. within the system....

oh wait. looking closer it seems the radiator tubes themselves are copper so thatll probably be alright.......but aluminum fins? is there something more heat conductive about aluminum fins that copper wouldnt be able to accomplish?

and it seems that Tt is investing heavily in appearance and style lately....much like "rice" kits for the car...i'm hoping this has that but also starts putting up when it comes to cooling and actual function.

Edited by robAP

Guest Flashstar

It actually got extremely good reviews, so if you can handle the large size, it will work for you.

is there something more heat conductive about aluminum fins that copper wouldnt be able to accomplish?

525151[/snapback]

Imagine making something that size with copper fins. The thing would weigh a TON. Plus, it would be A LOT more expensive. Also, when a radiator gets that large and has that many 120mm fans in it, I don't think there's much benefit in using copper over aluminum.

on the copper vs alu fins. i have an aluminum radaitor with copper tubes on my watercooler it works perfectly.

It has been my experiance that when u heat aluminum it takes less time to cool down in open air than when u heat copper. when i heat aluminum to bend it i can useually handle it in about 1-2 min but copper can take up to ten.

u can see my cooler here: http://casemodgod.com/cmg/modules.php?name...page&pic_id=166