Turning Your Pc On

OvKillz

I was wondering if there is any 'trick' or something to turn your computer on without a Case switch. ;/ I dont have a case where i am testing this rig so what are my options?

well i find that my dfi board has thos switches on the board so it can boot outside of a case with ease but what i think i would do if thos wernt there would be to just set the pc to power on at power lose then unplug and repugin the psu

Find the pwr switch header on the mobo and jump it with a screwdriver.

518704[/snapback]

One correct person...

I assumed that out of three ppl here more than one would know what he's talking about...

anyway look up in the mobo manual which pins the power button from the case plug to, then touch a scredriver to them until the fans spinup. After that be sure to remove the screwdriver and try not to touch any other pins.

To turn a PC off this way you can either

A: touch thoes same tow pins together and hold until it cuts off (same as holding in pwr button)

B: find the pins that the reset button hooks to and touch the screwdriver to them much like starting up the PC

In my bios i have the option to start up with the click of the mouse button.. I think there might be an option in my bios for a keyboard button also..i'll go check.

*edit-yes there is an option in my bios for the keyboard either by one assigned button or by password...type the password and it will boot..i'm gonna try that-edit*

Edited by 10Gauge

My last computer, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace would turn OFF the whole computer. Once it turned off like that, you could turn it back on the same way. I used it alot, although it didnt always work. :D

One correct person...

I assumed that out of three ppl here more than one would know what he's talking about...

anyway look up in the mobo manual which pins the power button from the case plug to, then touch a scredriver to them until the fans spinup.  After that be sure to remove the screwdriver and try not to touch any other pins. 

To turn a PC off this way you can either

A: touch thoes same tow pins together and hold until it cuts off (same as holding in pwr button)

B: find the pins that the reset button hooks to and touch the screwdriver to them much like starting up the PC

518711[/snapback]

:withstupid:

I had to do that once ;D