Riaa Vs. Wow

d3bruts1d

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched any of the warcraft movies, but as far as copyright laws you can have up to 45 seconds of a song in your video and be okie dokie.

518530[/snapback]

it is 30 seconds i belive, just read it on the WOW forum.

Guest Silenc3

That is retarded, What about all them CS video Sites, They have been up for years. What cs Vid doesnt have tunes in it?

That is retarded, What about all them CS video Sites, They have been up for years. What cs Vid doesnt have tunes in it?

518588[/snapback]

Your forgetting that the CS community consists of very mature people. I'm sure they asked permission to use the music. :P

Your forgetting that the CS community consists of very mature people. I'm sure they asked permission to use the music. :P

518594[/snapback]

...RIGHT :lol:

I think the RIAA can definitely pick their battles more wisely. Getting on to people for making their own little videos is just....ridiculous. Ther are so many bigger fish to fry.

It's so ridiculous how the RIAA has been acting like a bunch of 80 year olds who hate the concept of change. Didn't these idiots learn anything at business school? You can't be stuck in your ways. You should innovate change before you are either FORCED to or driven out of business for refusing to do so. What the RIAA should have done years ago was innovate a way to get people to buy music online at prices that would have been appealing. They could have made up the lost sales from high CD prices by replacing them with a higher number of Net sales.

The RIAA, if it was run by even half-normal business execs, wouldn't even have let Napster exist since they would have had their own version of iTunes Music Store and whatever else there is out there. Not having done this, now they're just a bunch of crybabies who STILL won't embrace the idea after it has been PROVEN to be profitable and are just trying to force the people who were smarter and quicker to market out of the market. Unfortunately for them, they're using business tactics from about 20 years ago. You can't easily bring down Internet businesses. You remove one, one out of the remaining 10 becomes more prominent.

We need to do two things. First, force our elected officials to rectify the copyright laws so the RIAA can't continue on its lawsuit frenzy. Second, we need to convince the RIAA that Internet music stores are viable and profitable venues. We need to convince them to move on from their old business practices and embrace technology. They are deluding themselves if they think they will be able to ban mp3s and portable music players or sue the companies that make them into bankruptcy.

Guest Silenc3

518594[/snapback]

you telling me all of CS Flicks movies have had permission? I think not.

Is it all just a Hoax?

http://wow.warcry.com/#47675

518344[/snapback]

must be...

unless the law changed, you can use segments of copyrighted work for many purposes under the Fair Use Law:

PER TITLE 17 - UNITED STATES CODE - SECTION 107

"Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include -

1 the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

2 the nature of the copyrighted work;

3 the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

4 the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors."