Any Suggestions?

Well its summer and this room is nice and toasty. And I think I'm in trouble. This is on the watercooled rig with the pelter water chiller.

First the evidence.

Moisture.JPG

Exhibit # 1, my OC

xj-left-front.jpg

Exhibit # 2, The comp is @ full load (folding)

xj-right-front.jpg

Exhibit # 3, Its hot here.

xj-right-side.jpg

Exhibit # 4 Let there be fans!

xj-right-side.jpg

So should I...

A. Shut it all down until October.

B. Get a bigger water pump

C. Air condition this room. And mine for that matter. $$$

D. Do nothing, 52c is great! lmao

I have a socket 754 3200+ Newcastle. My software temp probes read the same thing right now. However, I have a hardware probe stuck right next to the IHS. You wanna know what it says at load? 38C. Accounting for placement of the probe, I'd have to say my actual temps are in the low to mid 40s. I'm going to have to say that you have nothing to worry about. Software temp readings are notorious for being off by 10 degrees or more. In my case, that is exactly what is happening. I'd guarentee you 99% that you are fine.

Edit: All right!! Another silver star!!!

wow hottest i've gotten this summer is 46C and thats at night when i have my door closed & no AC on. Are you sure your peltier is working? I thought those were supposed to give descent temps.

Peltiers only work properly when their hot side is cooled sufficiently. If the hot side isn't getting cooled down, then it'll keep the cool side from getting very cold. If it starts to get VERY hot, then you're looking at a piece of ceramic that will literally heat up your CPU. So not only is your CPU producing heat, but the copper plate that's touching it is even HOTTER. I think you can see the problem with a peltier gone bad

My Athlon Xp runs at a steady 52c on air, full folding load. Has since it began to get hot and no A/C for me. It doesnt seem to mind much.

Even the mobo temp is high, maybe some better air flow in the case? or is to to hot to even help that?

I have the cover off the side of the case. I'd about 85 f in the room. When I un pluged the tower it radiated heat for like 10 minutes. :lol: And this all came from electricty....

The good news is that I found an old TT 80mm volcano that was looking for work. :D

The pelt still works. I'm getting condensation (VERY LITTLE) on the water lines with the pelt on and the system off. Yes Now If I could just get it to do that while the system it running...

Also, I know this has been asked 1001 times. Fan blowing up or fan blowing down?

At a guess how many watts or BTUs would a system like mine generate?

Me thinks many. I think I may be over taxing my Raidator setup.

About air flow: 1 fan in, 1 out, and teh PSU.

Also, I know this has been asked 1001 times. Fan blowing up or fan blowing down?

At a guess how many watts or BTUs would a system like mine generate?

Me thinks many. I think I may be over taxing my Raidator setup.

About air flow: 1 fan in, 1 out, and teh PSU.

517378[/snapback]

If you plan on replacing the water cooling to air cooling temporarily, you're gonna need more case fans to circulate the air (unless they're 120mm cuz then you should be fine). With an ambient temp of 89F, you should only have to worry about the watts being put out by your CPU, which should be in the upper 80s or lower 90s.

As for fan blowing up or blowing down, it's simple: try both and use the configuration with the lower temps. Personally I believe the blowing down makes the most sense since there is more pressure on the fins, though there is the problem of the dead spot right below the fan.

Speaking of the radiator, what exactly does your setup consist of? How big is the radiator? How many fans and what size(s) are they? How many blocks do you have? If you have more than one, what exactly is the flow of water (ex: pump --> cpu --> chipset --> radiator)

The raid is a black ice pro. 120mm fan. the pelt (its a cater chiller) is a 226w attached to a TT slient boost.

517486[/snapback]

Running at 1/2 volts(~113watts) I assume? I know the silentboost can dissipate 113watts and keep a big enough delta for tec usage(assuming its just the tec and no hot chip under it to add to that heat), but 226 would be way overdoing it.

**edit** just for kicks, can I get a pic of your tec/silentboost? I'd love to check that out :D **edit**