List Of Cars You've Always Wanted To Own

LoArmistead

and you're going to squeeze that HP from what engine? 

supra's aren't exactly huge.  therfore getting a big engine under the hood (yes you'll need a big block V8 or other large displacement engine for that) is going to be pretty tough.  hell I have done everything I can think of without resorting to nitro or NO2 for the 473cui V8 under the hood of my bronco and I might be up near 800hp.

527167[/snapback]

God son, have you ever snapped a drive shaft on one of your broncos? How much torque are you getting out of that baby?

And please tell me that these rice burners bragging about their 800ftlbs are full of it. I don't see how it can be true. 800ftlbs would bust their windows, snap their frame, and turn their honda into a sandwich. I've seen a 57 chevy, modded all to hell with every form of chassis support possible, snap his car in HALF with a supercharged 350 that only pushed around 800ftlbs. The poor guy blew out all the glass in his car, and when he pulled over to inspect the damage, his passenger door set one inch lower, and his driver side door set one inch higher... $90,000 wasted.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, you can get that much power out of a supra, Ive seen it done. Its all about the v6 turbo. There some guys out there win national engine(turbo6) pushing dang near close to 1500 horses. So the supra engine is a capable platform, just not as much as a Grand National engine.

God son, have you ever snapped a drive shaft on one of your broncos?  How much torque are you getting out of that baby? 

And please tell me that these rice burners bragging about their 800ftlbs are full of it.  I don't see how it can be true.  800ftlbs would bust their windows, snap their frame, and turn their honda into a sandwich.  I've seen a 57 chevy, modded all to hell with every form of chassis support possible, snap his car in HALF with a supercharged 350 that only pushed around 800ftlbs.  The poor guy blew out all the glass in his car, and when he pulled over to inspect the damage, his passenger door set one inch lower, and his driver side door set one inch higher... $90,000 wasted.

527184[/snapback]

oh yeah, I've snapped drive shafts, wrapped axles into the body, snapped them too, ripped all kinds of stuff up.

Yea the Supras can do it. Dont know abot 1500bhp but definately 1000.

527387[/snapback]

Alas, even with high hp the poor cars still have low torque :(. I dont care if it has a million horsepower if the torque is so low it feels like you are driving a hopped up go-kart. I like to have my head snapped back from acceleration, something nothing else can do like a high torque RWD vehicle :lol:

Theres no replacement for displacement!!

Alas, even with high hp the poor cars still have low torque  :(. I dont care if it has a million horsepower if the torque is so low it feels like you are driving a hopped up go-kart. I like to have my head snapped back from acceleration, something nothing else can do like a high torque RWD vehicle  :lol:

Theres no replacement for displacement!!

527544[/snapback]

BADDAM! Right on the head.