Updated Build

I painted the drives black and added some sleaving (I did it the quick and sloppy way, so I may redo it). I also got new UV reactive SATA cables. I really wish there was a standard for UV colors so the green looked the same all the way around. It started out as a grey Antec SOHO case with no window. I painted inside and out.

Before

90371106.jpg

After

105132333.jpg

105132357.jpg

105132344.jpg

105132352.jpg

105132297.jpg

105132330.jpg

The whole setup

105132339.jpg

Looks good. How did you attach the window? Cant see any fasteners, thats cool...looks real "clean". The only thing I dont like is the cuts by the handle on the side panel - but thats just my opinion, I prefer curves over angles :)

Wow that is nice, I might do that to mine antec case, I need to paint it, LOL or the fans at least eheheh

HEY! btw what kind of paint did u use, or what kind of paint do yall suggest I use when painting stuff like FANS etc..

Edited by CoolMaster

I think it looks great. Good work! That huge window looks really good with no rivets, and I like the fan tips like that. Did you buy them that way, or paint them? Either way, that rig looks really nice man!

Thanks for the kind words. To answer a few questions: the fan tips are handpainted (sloppily, I know, but they're usually spinning so you can't tell). I just went a craft store and bought some day-glo craft paint for kids (comes with a little brush and about 8 of these little paint cups; the glo paint has to be mixed in separately). That was about $4. The window is actually super glued on, if you can believe it. Believe me, it sticks really well too. I screwed up the first window and within a few minutes it had set so well that I had to literally punch it out of the frame. The downside is that it took the paint on the inside of the door with it, but who ever sees that anyway? One thing to remember with the super glue is that you have to be VERY careful when putting the window on and make sure it's pretty much exactly where you want it when it drops. As you know, it's not as though you can just wipe off the extra glue from the edges (hence the failed first attempt). The inside was painted by drilling out all the rivets on the case and tearing the whole thing down, then painting each piece individually. It was a PITA but I'm more or less happy with the results. The outside looks nice in pics but up close there are more blemishes than I care for, so I may end up redoing it at some point.

A pointer for anyone painting: make sure you can hang your parts to dry. This is the sole reason I have blemishes in my finish. It also helps to be sure you're doing this in a room temp area. I did it in the garage in March so it was only about 45-50 degrees in there; not exactly ideal for painting.