Decent

swifty11212

so far, there is noticable artifacts when benching @ 460/380, and while playing doom3 it looks like a chessboard or something and i get scared considering that im using stock cooling and dont want my card to burn out :lol: other than that she is benchable. because i dont wanna get a short life span card, im using 380/370 atm. :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far, there is noticable artifacts when benching @ 460/380, and while playing doom3 it looks like a chessboard or something and i get scared considering that im using stock cooling and dont want my card to burn out :lol: other than that she is benchable. because i dont wanna get a short life span card, im using 380/370 atm. :D

511952[/snapback]

White "snow" is not too serious but chessboard is bad. Pretty dang bad. That means your card is getting *hot*. Mem is even more noticable(and kinda scary when you first see it) - big black "rips" and "cuts" like some1 took a knife to a projector screen :) .

460 benchable with stock cooling is great!. Did you turn off fastwrites and vpu recover? That wil get you a couple more mhz, but you will have to restart the computer if the card locks. If you can bench at 460 then you're safe a bit more from 380 :P. et mem to stock speed and leave the "detect max core oc" on overnight - the artifact detector heats up the card more then any game can, and will find you a nice 24/7 oc thats completely safe.

461 stock cooling is insane - ignore Nerm and his godsend 9800  :lol: .

511869[/snapback]

lol, what are you saying? yes I did get a special card haha. Sometimes I wished I had kept it and hooked the PS up to it just to see how far she would go before she died lol.

swifty, my card was the MSI RX9800pro which was the r360 core. There was a rumor going around that everyone was doing good with that model of card from MSI, because it was supposedly "special". Now whether that rumor was true or not I don't know, but I do know that card did some insane scores on stock cooling and I only ever really pushed it hard once using the "meatlocker" cooling back in the day lol and that was just to achieve 8k in 03, but I fell short of my goal by about 200pts and after that I just kinda quit pushing that card, but now I wished I had.

swifty, my card was the MSI RX9800pro which was the r360 core. There was a rumor going around that everyone was doing good with that model of card from MSI, because it was supposedly "special". Now whether that rumor was true or not I don't know, but I do know that card did some insane scores on stock cooling

512192[/snapback]

Yep, I wish I could get my hands on one of those :P. It was the "green" version with the wierd hs right? 480mhz on stock cooling wasnt too far fetched for those cards :O Your 461 wasnt too out of this world, I just like to poke fun :lol:

Yep, I wish I could get my hands on one of those :P. It was the "green" version with the wierd hs right? 480mhz on stock cooling wasnt too far fetched for those cards  :O  Your 461 wasnt too out of this world, I just like to poke fun  :lol:

513250[/snapback]

About 410 is a stretch for mine, things a freakin POS!

Yep, I wish I could get my hands on one of those :P. It was the "green" version with the wierd hs right? 480mhz on stock cooling wasnt too far fetched for those cards  :O  Your 461 wasnt too out of this world, I just like to poke fun  :lol:

513250[/snapback]

Right it was the green PCB and odd HS. :) .......yea the 461 even that it was on stock cooling isn't amazing, but that wasn't the highest I had that card. It was at close to 500/400 for my 03 score of 7,883.

It was at close to 500/400 for my 03 score of 7,883.

513308[/snapback]

Thats impressive right there.

Dec, dont feel bad, my card only did about 400mhz flat on stock cooling! :angry2: .

Hardnrgs card is still worst i've seen, read about his and you will feel better :lol: (:P@NRG)

My 9800 pro snowed on Doom 3 at 9800xt speeds it had an ATI silencer no RAM sinks. It had samsung memory so I guess that mem was better than most cards had since it was OEM. My case cooling sucks so I credit that. I never really pushed the card with ATI tool so I dont know the max speed.

i tried 460 and i had problems and i tried with fast writes off too, i guess the heat was getting to it due to that pos hs. right now im just leaving it @ 400/380 for now since i havent seen artifacts on that o/c.

Guest Flashstar

My 9800pro has a rather large stock hs on it. It is about twice as large as most of them are.

The only problem is that it gets to about 410 on stock cooling. (this is with AS5)