Decent

swifty11212

check out my new benchies on my 9800pro running @ 400/380 on stock air, wont push it any further because it doesnt have a good cooler :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so how far can i go on stock air and w/o artifacting alot.

510935[/snapback]

Each card is different(some very different). Try atitool. My card would MAX out at ~410mhz stock cooling, and that wasnt even artifact free, just benchable. Artifact free was 400mhz I think. Your's isnt AIW though, so you should be good at somewhere between 410-435 on stock cooling. Dont worry about pushing it too high if you are still planning on getting an aftermarket cooler...it'll do muich better with one :D . I have no idea what ati was thinking putting that lil aluminum POS on the 9800 series :lol: . It gets hot as hell even at stock speeds.

k im running it on 430/380, going to bench it. btw why is the cpu benchies on 3dmark05 painfully slow while on my gpu is fast? i do have a 500mhz o/c on my cpu :lol: so should it help for cpu benchies? heres my new benchies.

Your CPU isn't designed for accelerating 3D graphics, that would be why.

Remember a GPU is HIGHLY optimized for doing just that, and only that. Hence its a number of times faster at performing the specialized calculations involved.

well i posted my 3dMark01SE score above, so its decent for now. right now gonna get my cc ready to do some purchasing. there are 2 different coolers that work on my 9800 pro, the vga silencer and the ati silencer, whats the diff if any?

edit: im going with either the zalman or the logisys on xoxide, which would be better, the logysis is only 20 buck but is ball bearing, the zalman is double ball bearing which would be easy to fix should the oil run out. i need to pick one fast :lol: and yeah i plan on overclocking on air too. :P

i think ill push mines even further then :lol:  btw what core was your old 9800 pro? keep in mind mines the r350.

511683[/snapback]

461 stock cooling is insane - ignore Nerm and his godsend 9800 :lol: . You're looking good for stock cooling. Note that if you vmod the card after you get your aftermarket cooling you will have to vmod the memory too or else your score will not be nearly as high as it could be. You get much better scores from ocing mem then core on that card, but with a core vmod and no mem vmod my mem would only do 370 benchable, down from 390 before the vmod. Once I vmod the mem I have some high hopes for great 05 scores with this card on air, then even more once I get my project going ;).

wheeeee! r350 boys!

haha... mine's at 415/365 i think, took a bit of convincing to run that "fast" - vga silencer: lapped, replaced fan with 92mm, removed shim, AS5, lapped tweakmonster ramsinks, arctic alumina adhesive, gpu voltmod, gddr voltmod... best benches as below :)