Fun Time At Compusa

martymcfly

So, I went to compusa to find a gift for my friend. I ended up buying Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 since the Sims 2 was out of stock. I paid, and then came to the guy who checks the reciepts. HE looked me sternly in the eye and gave me the following advice, which will stay with me forever:

"Remember, never leave the Cd in your computer after you finish playing. That burns up your memory, and then yo have to get your mom to buy you more memory. And memory isn't getting ANY cheaper. A computer is NOT for games. Computers are not toys. They are machines, just like (points outside) those cars out there. And you need to maintain them. So don't leave the CD in. YOu may have to buy a whole new computer."

I got outside and laughed histerically for approx. 35 minutes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Remember, never leave the Cd in your computer after you finish playing.  That burns up your memory, and then yo have to get your mom to buy you more memory.  And memory isn't getting ANY cheaper.  A computer is NOT for games.  Computers are not toys.  They are machines, just like (points outside) those cars out there.  And you need to maintain them.  So don't leave the CD in.  YOu may have to buy a whole new computer."

506945[/snapback]

I bet this is one of bigred's customers! This guy is an idiot, tell him that one time you left your compusa recipt in your pocket and it burned it and you had to buy a new pair of pants because it ruined them.

You should have laughed in his face and told him off. heh, stupid people..

and then yo have to get your mom to buy you more memory.

So don't leave the CD in. YOu may have to buy a whole new computer

^^^hahahahahaahhaha sooo bad at those.

I had a similar situation at staples. The girl (who was no more than 16) tried to convince me that PCI (not express) video cards were better than AGP.... jeez..

Really dumb people who think they know something amuse me, especially when they try to tell you something like that. :D

Reminds me of the time someone tried to tell me there is no way a Celeron would run any games at all or overclock in the slightest (this was when I had my celly 800 at 1.2 ghz, played games decently for what it was). Also of the time the same guy told me to make sure I bought one of those "fancy new" ISA video cards because they were faster than ANY other 3d accelerator at the time.

Also of the time the same guy told me to make sure I bought one of those "fancy new" ISA video cards because they were faster than ANY other 3d accelerator at the time.

506980[/snapback]

I wonder if these guys really don't know anything or they really do know things but think all of their customers are stupid as dogs and try to trick them into buying crap things.

I wonder if these guys really don't know anything or they really do know things but think all of their customers are stupid as dogs and try to trick them into buying crap things.

506983[/snapback]

i have wondered the same thing myself...

thank goodness that most of the people around here are actually pretty intellegent when it comes to PC's in the local compusa or bestbuy's.

i want a job at best buy but i dont know if i can put up with the stupidity of customers, its not the people that work there that worry me lol. but its still funny as hell hehe.

it is because they dont know crap

i used to sell computers and we all knew our stuff pretty well but over at the other store (i dont wanna mention names) BEST BUY

they were all fools and didnt know a thing about what they sold or what we sold