New Project

bigred

is that X5 one of those BMW's? One of those tried to race me today...it was embarassing on their part... not only did they try to race..but they lost. He was ahead until i got out of first.... but I like my first gear. Let's see an X5 tow a bunch of crap with that sporty car-geared tranny. Low end torque pwns all the n00bs.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a HUGE difference between the land rovers you see on the roads in the US and the true landrovers of the old days.

also driving across your neighbors lawn or down a dirt road does not count as offroading. I'm sorry but when I see these comercials with an H2 driving across a field and they call it "offroad"... or a jeep up a hill with 2 tracks on it... I want to puke. Offroad is where you have logs that are at least 3" around in your path, rocks, mud holes that can swallow most vehicles whole, water that's deeper than the roof of a civic, or sand that's so fine you SINK if you stop.

there's a HUGE difference between the land rovers you see on the roads in the US and the true landrovers of the old days.

also driving across your neighbors lawn or down a dirt road does not count as offroading.  I'm sorry but when I see these comercials with an H2 driving across a field and they call it "offroad"...  or a jeep up a hill with 2 tracks on it...  I want to puke.  Offroad is where you have logs that are at least 3" around in your path, rocks, mud holes that can swallow most vehicles whole, water that's deeper than the roof of a civic, or sand that's so fine you SINK if you stop.

520326[/snapback]

red thats not offroading thats fun :D

is that X5 one of those BMW's?  One of those tried to race me today...it was embarassing on their part... not only did they try to race..but they lost.  He was ahead until i got out of first.... but I like my first gear.  Let's see an X5 tow a bunch of crap with that sporty car-geared tranny.  Low end torque pwns all the n00bs.

520231[/snapback]

U prolly raced the 3.0 versions their the inline 6 versions and dont have enough hp, but the 4.8 and 4.4 (which u rarely see) are very very fast

and they can surprisngly tow alot, obviously their not meant for that

grrrrr, tripod pulled the pic entirely :(

oh well

just to clarify what is offroading and what is NOT.

this is NOT

Image0066.jpg

THIS is

ttc-2.jpg

so is this

ttc-5.jpg

can you make it thru?

nice project.. sounds cool to me.. but ha..before i even dream of someting like that.. i gata save 2 grand for a power book.. starting from 0$ :( lol.. but good luck with that project.. keep us posted..

Guest Silenc3

"Bigred le Riche"

pics asap, before and after! hell take pictures of the salesman too!

my civic probobly couldnt handle the "not offroad" pic. I have trouble making it over speed bumps. haha.

Anyway good luck on your project. Sure it will look steller when you finish along time from now.

btw, do you know how deep that mud is, or any guess?

Edited by evanin

that's on the mini rubicon... 36-48" of mud :)

pics are tough when truck is in detroit, I'm in colorado right now. not even going to look at this thing until the end of september. just that frustrated with what I've already seen under the plastic body of it.... even my old expidition had more metal to work with than this thing :(

Edited by bigred