120mm + Cpu Fan ?

KraZy

Ok, here, is a -mod in progress-, so ignore the fact that the 120mm is just -sitting- on top of the rough-cut, over-glued, plexi... :lol:

Working through several duct designs now, and I'm kinda crank'n out the betas versions quick-like.

For this mod, I kept the design simple, but am having a problem(?) with the 120mm forcing more air through the hsk fan and cranking up the speed of the fan an additional 400 to 700 RPM. Is this causing undue stress on the hsk fan? I am really not sure about the mechanics of the fans themselves....

And for those who care, the main duct is oversized for a reason. Not only are we getting fresh air directly to the cpu, the flow around the edges hsk will help 'wash' away the air that is getting forced through the hsk itself. (in my guesses, anyway...)

Have I got the right idea going here?

So you are saying that it might be the BIOS, and not the force of the air that is making the speed change? If I was to mount a 60mm at the bottom of the duct, it will still create the problem of overspeeding the hsk fan.

-Current marks-

Ath XP 1.93ghz O'cd to 2.31ghz

(light load testing for now, with SiSandra's CPU Bench looping x5)

Idle /wo duct : 44c

Load /wo duct : -crash- (Logs peaked at 55c)

Idle /w duct : 37c

Load /w duct : 39c

Freaking awesome for test runs...