Occ Store?

fire_storm

This feature is actually already planned for the near future. The way it will work is members will "rate" another members topic or post. Based on a calculated average (not yet determiend) of your posts/topics which have been rated, you will recieve points.

501705[/snapback]

There are two different type of rating systems that I've seen used on various forums that could be nice to see used here.

The first idea I saw over at DevShed and is part of the vBulliten forum software. User Reputation & more info

Basically allows users to say "I agree with this post" or "I disagree with this post" as well as provide a comment. It kind of works like the member titles where after x reputation (- or +) their "reputation title" changes and also shows up in the user profile (example).

The other idea is also a vBulliten feature (I thought IPB also has something like this) which I saw on the Opera forums. It's basically a rating system for the topic as a whole. (example). When a person replies to a thread, they can rate it 1-5. I'd really see this more fitting into helping me find topics for the "Community Watch" news post than actually getting points for the store. ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bug has been fixed with the "Terminal Hack" or otherwise known as the "Bank Steal". When trying to hack into another members bank account to steal points, the following error would be displayed: "You are trying to steal more points than this member has."

This bug has now been fixed and the Terminal Hack item should now work as it should.

where does it say this? i'd like to know cos i'm sure it's been like way over 24 hours like maybe 2 days now... :unsure:

503030[/snapback]

I think thats just the log, not something we can see. One thing i've noticed is that if you deposit money before you collect interest for that day. It disables you're ability to collect interest. Also if you use IE to view the "Bank" the "Collect Interest" button will be grayed out if you are not able to collect it at that moment.

A bug has been fixed with the "Terminal Hack" or otherwise known as the "Bank Steal". When trying to hack into another members bank account to steal points, the following error would be displayed: "You are trying to steal more points than this member has."

This bug has now been fixed and the Terminal Hack item should now work as it should.

504828[/snapback]

lol i should get my points back i wasted on a terminal hack :closedeyes:

No points were lost while the bug was present. If you get an error when using an item, the item will not be removed from your inventory. Therefore, you should still have the terminal hack in your inventory if you received the error.

No points were lost while the bug was present. If you get an error when using an item, the item will not be removed from your inventory. Therefore, you should still have the terminal hack in your inventory if you received the error.

505564[/snapback]

i had to sell it cause it wouldnt work..i needed the money to get my fix

no, its an overall interest boost and is just added to your current interest. Honestly, if you buying the more expensive one, its 25 points more then if you bought 3 interest boosts, PLUS it takes bank money to use, so I feel its kind of a rip. It should be about 175 imo.

That means you failed to steal it and the points you wanted to steal were subtracted from your own. I've never tried the terminal hack. Does it let you choose who to hack or what? Hopefully it doesn't just automatically target the richest member :P

Guest Raven65

Ok i had a post on here about having 73 points and they were stolen. So it would have to be one of the members who has over 200. which one of you was it? I will find out and return the favor. If I can from one of the admins get and email I would like one. this happened before the auto tattle tale thing was set up.