Official Battlefield 2 Beta Discussion Thread

bigr5026

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can run the game fine on all the highest settings and have had no problems. If you're having problems, it's most likely because you don't meet the recommended specs, and you'll have to settle for lower quality. A lot of download sites, for some reason, had the wrong specs listed, and it seems people thought they'd be able to play when they can't. Here's the specifications straight out of the readme:

- Minimum Specification:

CPU: 1.7 Ghz

RAM: 512 Mb

Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500

with 128 Mb of RAM

- Recommended Specification:

CPU: 2.4 Ghz

RAM: 1 Gb

Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

- Video Cards

Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:

Radeon X700 (PCIe)

Radeon X600 (PCIe)

GeForce 6600 (PCIe)

GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)

GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

ATI Radeon X800 PRO

ATI Radeon 9800 Series

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)

ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series

ATI Radeon 8500 Series

ATI Radeon X300 Series

NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

NVidia GeForce 6800 GT

NVidia GeForce 6800

NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

Will the Local Games be able to incorporate Bots? When i play accross the LAN at home, its usually just me and my brother. When we play CS:S, we are able to just load a bunch of bots so its a decent fight. Will this game be able to do the same if its just a LAN game? a lan game w/ 2 ppl would be very boring, expecially in this game haha

Will the Local Games be able to incorporate Bots? When i play accross the LAN at home, its usually just me and my brother. When we play CS:S, we are able to just load a bunch of bots so its a decent fight. Will this game be able to do the same if its just a LAN game? a lan game w/ 2 ppl would be very boring, expecially in this game haha

494727[/snapback]

From what I read, there seems to be bots.

Anyways, thought some of you may like to see retail screenshots:

http://www.and-squad.com/modules.php?name=...opic&t=520#3589

(WARNING: NOT for dial-ups!)

Looks really cool...especially the nuclear silo. Didn't like the demo, but now it's tempting. Maybe if I play singleplayer I'll get more of a hang of it. Never played any BF so when I got in the BF2 demo plane and tried to take off....I immediately crashed into the mountain ahead of me. lol.

if u have a joystick the process becomes SO much easier.. ofcourse if u have a chitty joystick you will constatly pull to the right or w/e but its still easier than the stupid mouse.

usually when i fly i like to do swan dives, especcilly on unsuspecting tanks :)

the planes control so nice in bf2 that their quite hard to shoot down using the onboard machine gun,

You could easily do it in '42

General *-Ace-* :lol: