Snipsnipsnip

120mm = 4.7244 inches, so look for 4 3/4"

489587[/snapback]

I disagree. I suggest going slightly smaller than 120mm, instead of slightly larger. I don't know what sizes hole saws come in though. I know a few people have suggested 114mm diameter in other threads.

I disagree. I suggest going slightly smaller than 120mm, instead of slightly larger. I don't know what sizes hole saws come in though. I know a few people have suggested 114mm diameter in other threads.

489629[/snapback]

I have only seen them sized in .25" increments, so going smaller to 4.5" might block some air flow.

Yeah, it might block airflow if you leave it at 114mm (or whatever). But, if you file the edges to make it smoother, it might decrease the size a bit. And I would like to point out that the 80/92/120 measure to the outside of the fan, not the blades. For example, the blades on my 80mm fan here are only 76-77mm. So, only a tiny amount of air would be blocked, if any. For reference: 4.5" = 114.3mm, 4.75" = 120.65mm. You would see the edge of hole on the outside of the fan with a 4.75" diameter cut.

EDIT: Just to clarify, most fans are 80x80mm (or whatever size) squares

Edited by Bleeble

Good point, what I did on a previous mod was to put some rubber edge around the cut hole to fill in a bit, it worked good.

489667[/snapback]

That's a good idea. If you're going to put rubber around the edge (I think it's a cool idea), then go with 4.75"

I,m with everyone suggesting a jigsaw with a blade having a ton of theet per inch, they're expensive to buy but if you have balls and dont have one you'll definitely need one again somewhere in your near future so might as well buy it now :lol:

We never have enough tools.

thinking2.gif

Sounds like a nice sig to me loll

Edited by kobalt