Opera 8.0

d3bruts1d

What are you thoughts about Opera 8.0?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What are you thoughts about Opera 8.0?

• Using it - It is great
    • Using it - It is ok
    • Using it - It isn't really that good
    • Using it - It sucks
    • Using older version of Opera
    • Tried it and sticking with Firefox
    • Tried it and sticking with IE (including Maxathon, MyIE2, Avant, etc.)
    • Tried it and sticking with Netscape
    • Not tried it and sticking with Firefox
    • Not tried it and sticking with IE (including Maxathon, MyIE2, Avant, etc.)
    • Not tried it and sticking with Netscape

When the Mozilla Foundation released Firefox v1.0, we asked "what your thoughts were on the new browser."

Now that Opera 8.0 has been out for a little while, it is our turn to ask the same questions about it. Have you tried it? Are you using it? What do you think about it?

Back in October, we asked "Have You Tried Opera?" We didn't get much response to that poll, but out of those that did 61.9% said that they had at least tried Opera. I'm sure that number has increased since then, as I've managed to convert a few of our fellow members. :P

As always, this poll will run for a week (ends Sunday). Let the voting begin!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with not tried it sticking with firefox, been testing the 1.1 trunk for a while now, and using the 1.0 branch for general browsing... I guess I could give Opera a spin, though...

Guest Jeremy

I tried it, and it was great. But still there are little bugs in it that made me switch back to Firefox.

Opera's okay... in windows, I stick with FF; but in Linux, I use 50%-50% Opera-FF, Linux FF is not as good as WinFF, but Opera doesn't change.

481548[/snapback]

You really think so?? I preffer Linux FF to Windows FF. I think the linux build is better!!

I'm a little disappointed. I wish I'd stayed with 7.54. What I miss is the buttons in the menu bar that allowed you to minimize or shut off the window you were in. Now I have to use the page bar which cuts down my viewing window. And I still can't get the wand to work properly. I'm still sticking with it as my primary, mostly because I can start scrolling any page without clicking it first, which I can't get with other browsers.

I'm a little disappointed.  I wish I'd stayed with 7.54.  What I miss is the buttons in the menu bar that allowed you to minimize or shut off the window you were in.  Now I have to use the page bar which cuts down my viewing window.  And I still can't get the wand to work properly.  I'm still sticking with it as my primary, mostly because I can start scrolling any page without clicking it first, which I can't get with other browsers.

481554[/snapback]

Have you tried using a custom menu, or making your own? o.O Heck, I prefer a mouse gesture over a menu anyway. :P

I'm not sure what problems you have with the wand, have you tried asking for help?

Thanks d3, I did try both things, the menus for 8.0 are limited. I've tried the Opera forum a while back, didn't do as much there as I could, I'll try again.