I Graduated High School!

Onyks

how much did you get in graduation money?

im ridiculously surprised at how much i got in graduation money and ive heard tales of people getting cars etc.

Well hello again Onyks... :D

I got a lousy 200 bucks when I graduated last year (2004). I thought I would get a lot more, especially since I didn't exactly do badly in high school (top 3%, 4.7 gpa).

I envy those who got a new car for high school graduation...that's just not fair. :closedeyes:

EDIT: You should get some nice component speakers for your car and an amp to go with them with that kinda cash. ;)

Edited by Thewacokid

Money isn't everything ya know. btw, Onyks I would recommend you use that money you get toward's college. You are going to need it. College life is very hard and expensive. :) .........anywayz I myself for my graduation from HS back in 2002 I got a lot of money and bunches of other crap, but that is not what I remember from my senior year. I remember my last year in HS being on top of the world hanging with friends and not a care on earth but having fun. That is what your senior year and graduation is all about, not money.

481026[/snapback]

ya i know nerm im def not all about money... ask anyone i know. lol good example i thought my wallet was stolen cuz it had been missing for a few days and some "shady" things happened a couple of days ago and everyone was trying to cheer me up but i honestly wasnt worried about it... i missed my free slushie coupons for favorite market more than the roughly 100 bux in it (was sposed to get car worked on that day)

i was posting mainly outta being surprised and curiousity of others.

and college is paid for! lol im a good boy and did all the scholarship/fafsa business asap and got everything paid for excluding like one class which is only like 150 dollars or something like that. and im staying at home for 4 years more cuz its a tech college in our area so no housing payments.

and also nerm i so agree with you on the "top of the world" business. me and some friends who play guitar hung out in the art room the last 2 weeks of school having "jam sessions" i sing, they play guitar. friggin awesome!! actually where i learned from others that i sang well. so knowing that others appreciate my singing beats the he11 outta money!

but i still want a mazda rx-something! so money is still appreciated

TO THOSE WHO WANT TO GRADUATE EARLY

there are many ways to graduate early and take out-of-school classes but in my opinion they do not beat the feeling of graduating and the time you spend as a senior! stay young, i know im still young and all but most everyone will tell you that they wish they were younger. dont be in a hurry to get outta school

lol im done ranting sorry bout that

haha no im not done ranting

EDIT: lol waco yea music is grand but i wanna go to another pearl jam, incubus, and dave matthews concert so no extra moneys will be spent. maybe i should just keep all the money aside and make life "easier" for awhile and not buy anything major and fix my existing car up. and i dont care if you dont like music... a dmb concert is orgasmic

Edited by Onyks

im graduating soon, and i was getting moms old car, then i got some info from geico. $2600 per year. that is ridiculous so i aint getting it yet. maybe next year. so far ive gotten nothing but my party is on the 11th and i graduate on the 3rd

• 2 weeks later...

well, our graduation isnt until june 3rd, we had practice today... im done with school though.

my grandparents (dads side) gave me 100 bucks.....i havent got anything else yet but then again, i havent seen anyone else yet.

my aunt/uncle said they were going to make sure i didnt have to pay for gas for atleast 1 month... (dang i have a 98chevy silverado that is a gas hog lol, sucks to be them.)

my graduation is the 21st .. i have passed everything anyway.. so. .it dont matter.. i wont be gettin any money.. my mom is complaining about her 400 dollar heating bill lol.. and my grandmother is buying my car sterio.. a total of 300 including the deck and 4 speekers.. so i wont be getting money.. but it will fell good to graduate..

its not OFFICIAL yet.. but i did get a job at my school working on the computers.. i will be OFFICIAL, and get payed, so thats sweet.. its like getting money for doing someting i like.. WOW..

anyway.. i cant wait to go to college and have a good life..

I don't remember how much I got for HS graduation, I'm thinking around $500-$700. But, my parents said (well, my mom anyway) that if I graduate college with Summa Cum Laude (that's above a 3.8 GPA), they'll get me a new saxophone, which are roughly $4000. I'm at a 3.9 and 2 years left...Work your butt off in college and it'll really pay off later.

I got about $200, but my parents are going to pay for my Bachelors degree from Georgia Tech, so i consider that a really good reward for graduating 11th in my class.

DANG YOU #10!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

:lol:

Hienrich