Recommended Hard Disk?

John Langton

What do people recommend and is it the case bigger is better or bigger is slower and does it take ages to defrag a massive drive (Obviously depending on how much data is stored but is there a difference because of the size?)

Thanks

John

I like WD, Maxtor, and Seagate... so, it's what I recommend.

Bigger is better for some people, others smaller is better... depends on what your using it for.

Speed depends on the RPM of the drive, cache buffer, seek time, etc.

Yes, a larger HDD will take longer to defrag, but do to the way information is stored in sectors, it's best to use smaller partitions.

I like WD, Maxtor, and Seagate... so, it's what I recommend.

Bigger is better for some people, others smaller is better... depends on what your using it for.

Speed depends on the RPM of the drive, cache buffer, seek time, etc.

Yes, a larger HDD will take longer to defrag, but do to the way information is stored in sectors, it's best to use smaller partitions.

d3 took the words right outta my mouth if your wanting a huge drive maxtor has the biggest at 250 gig right now i think

The best thing to do is RAID smaller hard disks together to make one large one. Depending on the RAID setting you can increase performance greatly.

It depends on the setup you want, how much case space you have, how much you want to store (taking ito consideration future expansion), and how much you have to spend.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...