Firefox Is Still Faster Than Opera!

kendellrt

There you have it. I have been using both, and FF is just running faster, except for initial loading. All of you Opera fans have led me astray, but I went back to my roots!

firefox DOES seem to load pages EVER SO SLIGHTLY faster...

I WAS a big firefox fan...til I saw D3's crazy fanboy posts about how good Opera was and i just had to try it..

I prefer Opera over Firefox... but then again... personal preferences...

Opera is not complex at all; it is feature-rich. As for the ads, I can deal with it. If you want to rid yourself of the ads, you can support Opera development and purchase the non-ad version. I only wish inserting search engines, on the right-hand side of the address bar, was as easy in Opera as it is in Firefox.

put it this way.. why pay for something when you can get someting almost as good if not better for 100% free?? Also.. firefox has more default features...

firefox DOES seem to load pages EVER SO SLIGHTLY faster...

I WAS a big firefox fan...til I saw D3's crazy fanboy posts about how good Opera was and i just had to try it..

I prefer Opera over Firefox... but then again... personal preferences...

477374[/snapback]

Crazy fanboy post about Opera? From me? Never! :ph34r:

what turns me off about Opera is the complexity and the part where you have ADS!! come on now..

477413[/snapback]

Opera is complex but also very simple. Depending on how you want to look at it. It's very complex, in that you can customize it so much and make it look how you want it to.

who puts ads in a browser?

477413[/snapback]

How about a company looking to generate a little revenue?

Opera is not complex at all; it is feature-rich.  As for the ads, I can deal with it.  If you want to rid yourself of the ads, you can support Opera development and purchase the non-ad version.  I only wish inserting search engines, on the right-hand side of the address bar, was as easy in Opera as it is in Firefox.

477611[/snapback]

Ads were no problem for me, even when I first started using Opera. Back then, they took up quite a bit more space and didn't offer the "Google Ads". Not long after using it, I fell in love with it, and decided I would purchase a couple of licenses for my home. I didn't have to, but I wanted to support the company that created a product that I very much enjoy, and use quite often.

Back then that was $40 per computer. Now, $40 will get you a license that you can use on all of your computers regardless of OS. An awesome deal for a great product.

If you need help adding additional searches to the list, you might want to try the Opera Search Editor. It is a nice little GUI that makes editing the search.ini easier. :)

put it this way.. why pay for something when you can get someting almost as good if not better for 100% free??  Also.. firefox has more default features...

477614[/snapback]

I pay for something, because I find it better, because I like it, because I use it, and because I like to show my support for it. And guess what, I have no problem paying for it.

Firefox does not have more default features. I don't know where you came up with something like that.

It takes over a dozen extensions as well as additional applications for Firefox to emulate most of Opera's built in features. Most of these extensions break when you update Firefox. ;)

---------------------------

I'm sure Firefox 1.0.4 is faster than Opera 8.00 or Opera 8.01 for some people. For other people, myself included, Opera is clearly faster. Which will run faster depends on any number of things. Much like overclocking, there are too many factors involved.

The Opera vs Firefox debate most likely will never die, each side has a loyal and dedicated fanbase. Unfortunately, you have some people in each fanbase, people like asus, who just have to mouth off and blast a product when they obviously don't know what they are talking about. There is nothing wrong with being a Firefox fan, but you might want to at least learn a bit more about the products.

Each side likes their browser for their own reason, and I respect that. Each browser is great to the people that use it. I suggest that people use what they like, as long as it isn't IE. ;)

For those that have forgotten, even though I don't use Firefox as my main browser, I was here at OCC advertising Firefox daily when version 1.0 came out. I was helping spreadfirefox through OCC, and even got publicity on the TV show TSS for Firefox and OCC.

Opera has been around for years. Even when Microsoft managed to crush Netscape, Opera continued on. During the height of the spreadfirefox campaign, Opera continued on. That is a strong statement for such a small company. ;)

Hell, Opera must be doing something right. Even Google copied Opera's email client (M2) when they started GMail. :P

Guest Jeremy

For me, Firefox loads pages faster but its initial load time is a little slower. I tried Opera before, but there were just little flaws in it that irritated me :lol:

I'm sure Firefox 1.0.4 is faster than Opera 8.00 or Opera 8.01 for some people.

When I started a previous thread about Firefox 1.0.4 being faster, I meant faster than the old Firefox. For me, I welcome the speed, especially on web mail accounts, but Opera is still my main browser. I'm not sure which is faster now, but they are close, and who picks their browser based on a nano second of speed?

I've been using firefox since it was called pheonix, and I don't see myself changing anytime soon, regardless of speed. I've tried to make a switch to Opera, but I've grown accustomed to firefox, and there isn't enough incentive for me to switch. I can see that opera is a good browser, I just don't think its good enough to warrant a transition.

Ravix <3's stability in his life.