52 Celcius

My hard drive used to run in the 40's. Then I stuck an 80mm fan on the bottom of my case pointing at the HDD. Yes, it's just sitting there.... 24C right now.

i got two 160gig hdd behind my 2 floppy bays.took the front blanking out and put 2 * 40mm cpu cooler fans in, now they both are 29.4c never go above 40.

edit** you could try the same for now.** edit

Edited by the DrewiD

Yes, I think that is probably a bit too hot. Most of the HDD's you see nowadays have a maximum working temperature of 60C.

Mine is at 35C right now. Hasn't even got any fans blowing at it.

no, i had the same drive die on my before, it is still living, and the old drive was rmaed, and i kept that one cool, ok i was loading a map today, i got it up to 62 loading a map in dc, and i had 2 80mms blowing on it, its gonna die soon, i think, and i have a ambient temp in the room of 80 and case of 82 while side is off as it normally is

ooo with fans and just map loading..it is still that hot?? lol i bench my hdd and it never get above 49 and it has no fan or whatsoever blowing on it

maybe you need to really get a real hdd cooler like those vantec vortex or by coolermaster then.. either that or WD hdd really sucks at heat generation??