Need A Recomended Price

bigred

Once again it's that time of year. time to donate 2 rigs for a charity auction. these prices are only what is considered "fair" value. both systems are identical.

Athlon Fx-55 (retail)

4gb PC3200 samsung ram

DFI lanparty SLI board

4 73gb raptors (2 raid 0 stripes)

16x samsung dvd-rw dl drive

16x msi dvd rom

2 Asus 6800 ultra 256mb cards in sli

cooler master stacker tower

enermax 465w power supply

windows xp pro (OEM license... all included)

office 2003 premium (OEM license)

Norton Anti Internet Security 2005 (full retail version)

Nero 6.5 ultra ed (retail full version)

MS wireless keyboard and mouse combo

17" Samsung LCD

Logitec Z540 speaker set

all parts are BRAND new.

if you were to set a "value" for this setup what would it be? keep in mind this is NOT what they'll be sold for. starting bid will be ~$200 and go up from there. last years rigs went from $1500 to $3000 (3 different setups).

ill give u 1500 right now

470274[/snapback]

well they're not actually being "sold" per say. they're both being donated to my daughter's school for an auction. this auction helps pay for most of the student's tuition... so it's kinda like paying her tuition in computers... wait I already did that :) oh well it's for a good cause and it's a good tax write off.

$2500 should be about right....I didn't include the software package so you might want to be a bit higher but that sounds right to me from just eyeing the list of hardware.

Also, just out of curiousity, how much of a write off does this give you? Or is that what this estimate is for?

the estimate goes into the program for the auction. that way they can associate a value with the item... and set a starting price.

no I can't broker anything... I'd look like a total fool buying them back :)

my write off will be what my recipt price for this stuff is. keeping in mind that I pay wholesale cost of it... not retail list price.

Once again it's that time of year.  time to donate 2 rigs for a charity auction.  these prices are only what is considered "fair" value.  both systems are identical.

Athlon Fx-55 (retail)

4gb PC3200 samsung ram

DFI lanparty  SLI board

4 73gb raptors (2 raid 0 stripes)

16x samsung dvd-rw dl drive

16x msi dvd rom

2 Asus 6800 ultra 256mb cards in sli

cooler master stacker tower

enermax 465w power supply

windows xp pro (OEM license...  all included)

office 2003 premium (OEM license)

Norton Anti Internet Security 2005 (full retail version)

Nero 6.5 ultra ed (retail full version)

MS wireless keyboard and mouse combo

17" Samsung LCD

Logitec Z540 speaker set

all parts are BRAND new.

if you were to set a "value" for this setup what would it be?  keep in mind this is NOT what they'll be sold for.  starting bid will be ~$200 and go up from there.  last years rigs went from $1500 to $3000 (3 different setups).

470246[/snapback]

Wow! I've been waiting for FalconNW or VoodooPC to come up with a PC like that, but I haven't seen anything that stout from them :D Awesome PC!!

Considering what those companies charge for their PC's, you could probably get $4K for it easy.