Religion Is A Lie!

Ste

why do these religion threads always end up the same. can't people just make some valid points and actually try to read and understand other's views?

469072[/snapback]

Theres a difference between reading and understanding, and agreeing with other peoples views.

Ive read, and I understand, but I dont agree. Therefore, it is useless for me to debate further because nothing that can be said will change any ones mind, especially my own.

Why is it that people dont accept open mindedness unless it comes with agreement? Why cant people be open minded and not agree without being falsely accused of being close minded? Alas, I know the answer, but retorical questions are always thought provoking ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if there really is a heaven and hell, ill be enjoying my self in hell. most of the time i wonder is religion really is ne good cuz there are time when i was yong that i would pray and it wouldnt help lol. so im basically on the way to becoming an atheist.

Theres a difference between reading and understanding, and agreeing with other peoples views. 

Ive read, and I understand, but I dont agree.  Therefore, it is useless for me to debate further because nothing that can be said will change any ones mind, especially my own.

Why is it that people dont accept open mindedness unless it comes with agreement?  Why cant people be open minded and not agree without being falsely accused of being close minded?  Alas, I know the answer, but retorical questions are always thought provoking ;)

469076[/snapback]

:withstupid:

well if there really is a heaven and hell, ill be enjoying my self in hell. most of the time i wonder is religion really is ne good cuz there are time when i was yong that i would pray and it wouldnt help lol. so im basically on the way to becoming an atheist.

469081[/snapback]

Just because you pray, doesn't mean God will do it for you, otherwise, everyone would be winning the lottery each week!!

I've known Christians pray that their new company work out well, then they do dodgy deals and suddenly end up bankrupt, then say "God didn't answer my prayers" Erm... You expect God to condone you ripping people off.

I guess mypoint is that God won't answer your prayers most of the time, you have to really deserve it. Most of the time when I pray for something, I don't get it, but sometimes, what I get is better. God not helping you can sometimes work out far better than him interveneing. And sometimes, just knowing He is there can help you achieve what you want by yourself.

Just because God doesn't answer your prayers doesn't mean he's not there.

Just because you pray, doesn't mean God will do it for you, otherwise, everyone would be winning the lottery each week!!

I've known Christians pray that their new company work out well, then they do dodgy deals and suddenly end up bankrupt, then say "God didn't answer my prayers" Erm... You expect God to condone you ripping people off.

I guess mypoint is that God won't answer your prayers most of the time, you have to really deserve it. Most of the time when I pray for something, I don't get it, but sometimes, what I get is better. God not helping you can sometimes work out far better than him interveneing. And sometimes, just knowing He is there can help you achieve what you want by yourself.

Just because God doesn't answer your prayers doesn't mean he's not there.

469089[/snapback]

:withstupid:

Thats a good way to look at it. A way I've always looked at it to is like this. If you were a father, and you have a child, and this child never stopped whining, it always wanted you to carry it places, it wouldnt crawl, wouldnt walk, it would just whine until you picked it up and took it places, that child would never learn how to walk on its own and when the time came that you couldnt lift your child anymore, you would have a 80 pound 7 year old who cant walk. I think the same thing applies to prayer, if god always did what people asked of him, they would never learn how to do those things on their own and accept responsability for it. Dont make god walk for you ;)

I read and respect peoples opinion I just don't agree, this whole post is to argue this is the allay after all. Its just interesting.

Short and quick. Whats after hell and heaven does it mean anything so what.

Does anything mean anything?

Life is so inconclusive, there are so many opinions, views and thoughts that when i think about it it bundles to no meaning, really I guess religion could have been created for those who want to believe in something higher to have some purpose in life. Many cannot comprehend that maybe there just is no meaning. We exsist on this planet for no great reason.

Really?!? Can it?!? That's new to me!!! My girlfriend is doing a Ph.D in biochemistry. And she has only just started believeing in God. She said most of the top biochemists and cell biologists are religious, because of the infinitely small likelihood that all the chemical components of a living cell could come together like that by chance.

The 'primordeal tar' theory... that chemicals just 'came together' in the tarpits and created life is impossible. Try not to reposnd to posts with such a patroinising attitude with an incorrect answer.

468623[/snapback]

I'm skipping a few pages here, so I appologize if this has being pointed out before, but...

Who's to say that this all happened just once? There's nobody to say that the Big Bang didn't occur a trillion times before anything even came to result, and quadrupllions(if that's a number) of results occured before anything got anywhere.

Saying that it was total chance is being rather close minded, and being a (now) right wing-ish person, that's saying something.

I'll follow the thread through, and debate anything about what has being said above, but that's all the involvment I hope to have.

Alas, I know the answer, but retorical questions are always thought provoking

Get out Andrusk; we don't want any of your 'thought provoking!' :lol:

I'd like to start by saying: Your guess is as good as mine! Just don't go causing conflict over your guess ;). After all, this is quite a paradox- if you truely think about it, nothing, at all, should have ever been.

My science teacher awhile back said this: "God helps you if you help yourself." If you believe in a deity, or merely substitute 'The universe' for 'god,' then you get "The universe helps you if you help yourself," which is, in fact, a true statement, because we are essentially part of the universe. Help the universe help itself. Since we are part of the universe, you could also say we are the universe, hence: Help you help yourself.

Once again, I stress that we live in the now, not in the then. The universe simply is. We simply are. Might as well make the best of it, eh? To me, this means living a life of compassion for other people, regardless of their actions or affiliations (thought I still have my likes and dislikes, I hate no one). Best to forgive and forget rather than fight and hold a grudge, in my opinion.

Also, I don't mean to advertise but I have quite a few posts about religion/ life/ etc. and questions about such in my blog, but don't feel like you're obligated to look at it. I just don't want to copy+paste all of it here when you can simply click on the link in my signature.

Edited by Instag0

"All generalizations are false"

468614[/snapback]

I really didn't think it was possible for someone to uh whats the word, say thier own statement is false within itself. But really you said all generalizations are false and that right there is a generalization. ah ha!

I really didn't think it was possible for someone to uh whats the word, say thier own statement is false within itself.  But really you said all generalizations are false and that right there is a generalization. ah ha!

469488[/snapback]

I think that was the point of the statement right?

Kinda like, "72% of all statistics are false"

:lol: