A64 Dual Core!

Looks like the dual core athlon64's are gonna be released tomorrow! although they wont be available till like june, but still... thats awsome. Read more here! I wonder what Intel thinks about this haha

The comment that "Its pretty much two Athlon 64 stitched together and connected with Hypertransport, we understand." is making me a bit suspicious of this article.

AMD has made it clear that the cores are NOT connected togeather using hyper-transport, but a cross-bar, with the HT bus and memory controler connected to that.

Still, I would not be surprised if AMD will make the 939 dual cores avalible sooner rather than later, to prevent Intel from getting a really drastic lead (relative to current market share) in desktop dual core.

The comment that "Its pretty much two Athlon 64 stitched together and connected with Hypertransport, we understand." is making me a bit suspicious of this article.

AMD has made it clear that the cores are NOT connected togeather using hyper-transport, but a cross-bar, with the HT bus and memory controler connected to that.

Still, I would not be surprised if AMD will make the 939 dual cores avalible sooner rather than later, to prevent Intel from getting a really drastic lead (relative to current market share) in desktop dual core.

465689[/snapback]

Its pretty much two Athlon 64 stitched together and connected with Direct connect (m)architecture, we understand.

where did u see Hypertransport written in there!??!

where did u see Hypertransport written in there!??!

466604[/snapback]

Not where, when. They corrected it.

i want one. anyone know if they'll work with nforce3?

Chipset should be irrelivant, but the motherboard will need a BIOS update to support it.

Edited by oralpain

I have checked Newegg & tigerdirect and don't see anything in the way of pricing information. Any suggestions on where I can get some information. I am debating on building my next system on a dual server plaform and need to know how many of my limbs I will need to sell to get the money.

Ok you will not see them for a little while. When they release something, they do not ship it, they send it out to a few lucky people. The venice, and sandiego chips where released a while ago, and we have still not seen them.