Can Someone Look At This For Me

I got it from PC Direct, I called them they won't honor return, they say if thats the case (referring to the 64kb, he also thinks its a Duron), its AMD fault for placing the wrong label on the processor. As Far as resetting the CMOS, Ive Done it plenty of Times, nothing. Take a look at the processor, does it look duron?

AMD sent me this today

[Dear Valued AMD Customer,

Your request for assistance has been escalated to one of our CPG experts in order to better address your question(s). For reference your Case ID is 473315. We appreciate your patience, and thank you for your interest in AMD.

Please note: this is an automatically generated acknowledgement.

Please do not reply to this email.

Best Regards,

AMD Technical Service Center]

Edited by Overclockersdream

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the chip is bad.  I don't think it's a Duron, they have more cache than that.  You may have to RMA it.

462024[/snapback]

Pcdirect wont honor it, AMd wont honor it either cause it OEM, you know what this is a load of crap, i just got of the phone with AMD all i can do is buy a new one. this is interesting, seriously going LGA next time.

but for now, i dont have Enough $$$ for new setup, Does anyone have a 3200+ or a 3000+ in working order?

Guest Raven65

How long do you have the chip first of all?

Yes AMD won't honor OEM.

Always buy Retail. If you don't have the money to burn.

How long is the warranty that you received from PC-Direct?

If it's in that time limit they should honor it. If not I wouldn't use them anymore.

:withstupid: there. I don't like buying OEM stuff for that reason!

Anyway, back on point. I would argue with PC-Direct. There aint a Duron based on a Barton core (not that I know of). There's the Applebred Durons, which are based on the TBred core and have 128k L2 cache, but that's it. It's definately a faulty chip.

If you tell them the facts and they STILL won't return it, you could always try telling them that it's bull crap and you're getting the law involved or something?

EDIT: Oh, and you shouldn't let this be your first impression with an AMD based system and automatically think AMDs are crap, just cause you got a 1 in a million faulty chip :P You could very well have bought yourself a LGA blah blah Intel based system and gotten a faulty Intel chip... give AMD a chance here.

Sorry to hear yoru trouble, but don't blaim AMD for the chip, blaim the OEM, FYI i always buy retail for htose reasons, as far as fixing the problim... not sure what options you ahve left, if you think you can handle it, wait for prices to drop then upgrad in a few months. if your system is real jerky etc, you may want to get a new chip after dual cores come out, then normal prices will go down.