Cell Phone Chat.

coolfox31

Hello OCC Members,

What is the best cell phone out there that offers great features. I like the Motorola RAZR V3. Because of the design and all the features it offers. No one in my school has that cell phone. I was also told I could hook this phone up to any network. So if you guys want to help me find a kick butt cell phone plan. I'm looking at version, T-mobile, any other companies you guys can come up with. I want to spend no more than $50/month on my plan. I want to get unlimited text messaging, 300-500 Anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weeks. Anyways thanks for you guys that help.

no it's not that... I been doing the search. I been to c.net and the razr looks good. I just wanted to see what was people's opinions on it and what phones they really like.

I live in phoenix, so this is of course subjective. But down here the rank is

1. Verizon

2. Tmobile

3. Sprint

4. Att/Cingular

Im currently using tmobile and havent had any problems yet. Ill probably switch to Verizon though.

Edited by andrusk

I am from Kansas city and i am using Cingular. I have a 39.99/month plan that has 450 anytime, 5000 off peak and i think to get unlimited text would be around $6 extra dollars.

So for 450 anytime, 83.333 hours of offpeak, and unlimited text, it would be around 46 bucks plus a 36 dollar activation fee. Free long distance, and if you do any web serfing on your phone, you get 50 MB of free surfing... At least i did on mine...

i have verizon and its pretty much impossible to get 3rd party ringtones and stuff... if you want to download ringtones and all kinds of stuff for free from the net (without using verizon's getitnow and having to pay for ur ringtone) get like att/cingular or something.. but verizon's service is great.. they just need to work on the downloadable content a bit

DO NOT GO TO VERIZON-USCELLULAR0-NEXTEL or any other tdma carier!!!! they have old and outdated technology and no sim cards

you want a gsm carieer

tmo

cingular

id go with cingular

also look into the moto v551 if you dont want to spend so much on the v3

i recently got a cingular plan. my phone is the Sony Ericson T637, and i have not seen another person with it. i get 250 anytime mins and 1000 nights and weekends for $30 a month then the "federal" charges so about 35 a month. i love it, the only place i dont get service is at my house :\ or at school :\

Around where I live, way out in the boonies in a little known town, the best reception is the phone company formerly known as AT&T (Cingular). I tend to get really good reception everywhere. That phone is going to cost you an arm and a leg. With a new account, plan on spending at least $200, if not more.

DO NOT GO TO VERIZON-USCELLULAR0-NEXTEL or any other tdma carier!!!! they have old and outdated technology and no sim cards

you want a gsm carieer

tmo

cingular

id go with cingular

also look into the moto v551 if you dont want to spend so much on the v3

453711[/snapback]

Verizon uses SIM cards, or at least they did on my dads phone.

I use Tmobile service was spotty when I went to TN, but around here its been fine.

Verizon def. has the best servive around the Phili area though.

Cingular is pure garbage, let me save you the trouble and get Tmobile. Unlimitted text for 10 bucks (incoming and outgoing) and 40 bucks for 1000 WHENEVER minutes. none of those weird "peak hours" or any trash like that, just flat out 1000 min, unlimited nights and weekends

:EDIT: oh yes, and I forgot to mention, that Razor phone is nice but all reviews point that it has embarassing battery life

Edited by silkster