Weird Problems With Computer Upgrades

I bought a XFX 6800, a Thermaltake silent boost ( a fan just incase yall dont knows) arctic silver, and a new power supply 500watts. I installed everything with ease, but when I turn on my Computer nothing comes on the screen of the monitor. And the master drive of the slave drive wont open. I first thought it was my video card but i pluged in my old one and it didn't work. I cleaned out my AGP slot. And yes everything is compatiable. But i think its my power supply. Its a weird problem- I have never seen anything like it before. I really need some help. Anyone. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

what psu did you buy? double check both your power lines and your data lines to make sure everything is plugged in correctly. If it still fails, try borrowing a friends psu. If it fails then, you get to play the "which piece of hardware is the problem" game.

try and see if it still works if you use the old psu. dont need to put it back in the case, just lay it next to the pc and plug it into the mobo and hdd ect. if it works, youve narrowed down your problem. i really doubt that you knocked the cpu out of place.

• 3 weeks later...