I Have Given Up!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be a little lost at this point. Wasn't it working well before at 225 or 230? I can't remember for sure.

You have latest BIOS, yes? And what's the Rev. on the board?

EDIT: Can you guys stop clogging the thread with useless BS please?

:lol: just holodream. they're BH-5 sticks.

It was folding with the memory at 230, but it was actually failing prime randomly. Sometimes prime would be OK for hours, sometimes it'd fail in less than a minute. I just happened to prime it at the wrong time, it ran for hours, I assumed it was stable :( It wasn't... wasn't even stable at 200MHz

That does sound like a CPU/MC problem since we know it's not the RAM. At least we hope it's not the RAM. Remember, compatible and OC-able on one motherboard/chipset doesn't always transfer to another. But the odds are CPU or motherboard. The thing is, you don't seem to hear much about motherboards causing problems at stock or mildly OC'ed speeds, so I'm leaning towards the CPU/MC. Do any of your buddies have another board/CPU combo so that you can do the old switcheroo? You could always take a lorry to hardnrg's flat.

I agree with zigen. It sounds like the mem controller may be fried or just plain faulty. The only way to find out for sure is to try a different cpu and if the problem still occurs then it is most likely your board as I highly doubt it is your ram.