Who Here At Occ

The_Goonie

Do you leave your case door(s) OFF, why or why not?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you leave your case door(s) OFF, why or why not?

• I leave my case door(s) off.
    • I'd never leave my case door(s) off!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just put never....because i have 2 fans on the panel...so theoretically it moves more air than it would leaving it off, and i get better temps :)

427930[/snapback]

:withstupid: Same here! I do take mine off sometimes and sit a box fan next to the case :) lol or when I had an air duct running from an A/C unit to my cpu I had my side dorr of my case off all the time then.

I've been switching out parts and tweaking for the last month, so off. They'll go back on when I re-do wire management (just put in new PSU) and make a new window (have to reposition fans on new piece of plexi for new mobo layout).

This has to be the most ridiculous topic I've ever seen.

If you were A+ Certified, you'd know not to take off the side of your case.

1. No proper airflow - leads to heat issues

2. Dust will collect faster on your components - I will laugh at you if your components get zapped from dust by ESD.

3. It's impractical - a disaster is bound to happen. like getting your skin burned off from a warmed up videocard. Yes, it can get that hot.

This thread should be banned because it promotes a hazard. Hey, I'm just trying to save your pc's from getting the electric chair if you know what I mean.

Also, clean your pc's at least once per month. It keeps the dust out reducing chances of getting ESD on your components.

This has to be the most ridiculous topic I've ever seen.

If you were A+ Certified, you'd know not to take off the side of your case.

1. No proper airflow - leads to heat issues

2. Dust will collect faster on your components - I will laugh at you if your components get zapped from dust by ESD.

3. It's impractical - a disaster is bound to happen. like getting your skin burned off from a warmed up videocard. Yes, it can get that hot.

This thread should be banned because it promotes a hazard. Hey, I'm just trying to save your pc's from getting the electric chair if you know what I mean.

Also, clean your pc's at least once per month. It keeps the dust out reducing chances of getting ESD on your components.

427946[/snapback]

Most people here are aware of the risks dude.

Most people here are aware of the risks dude.

427956[/snapback]

Uh, yeah. What r_target said. That was really quite an odd post...

But, I leave mine on since I have ducted the 92mm side fan to my CPU so it helps by about 4C at the mojo :)