Splinter Cell

ibelevnf8

I just got through playing a demo of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell,

This game has got some good graphics!! I have only played it for about 10 min.

But I love it. I hope that everyone else does. Also LinuxProX,

has posted the release date for 1/21/03, they have a price of about

$49.99. The demo came out on the 19th of December.

So here is the link.

Splinter Cell

It's about 100mb. So it might take a sec. but I think that it's worth it.

well, I do have a crappy graphics card (GeForce 4 mx 420 BLEH)

it cant run full screen, my monitor says somthing about it being out of sync. Then I randomly get runtime errors forcing shutdown of the game. It seems cool but it doesnt run all that well on my machine, little choppy and the audio doesnt even come out right, that comes out choppy and I have a pretty decent sound card. I dunno, with a good graphics card Id probably love it.

I downloaded the demo last thursday when it came out and I gave it a whirl. I did think that it was a very excellent game, but it fell short in a few areas. The controls were a little confusing at first (grabbing someone from behind and the controls from there, some of the using things) and I had some graphical glitches that I noticed in an alpha of a game recently. In the very opening part of the demo there are some newspapers on the ground (as I recall, I'm stuck out in the middle of podunk Colorado instead of in podunk Iowa where my computer is) and the textures seemed to overlap a little bit (a little bit of striping between layers or something like in the billboards that change... hard to explain). Other than that, the graphics were most excellent and it was nice to discover things like jumping and grabbing pipes then crouching to bring your legs up. Just little movement things that add to the idea of stealth.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the demo to anyone that is a fan of 3d action/adventure, but someone with the patience to be quiet rather than run and gun. I'm certainly awaiting the shipment of it.

ok, played teh game a little the other day, first off, looks great, cant say enough about that, secondly, there are some bugs, or jsut weird things, like:

going down stairs - just watching him float down the stairs alomost made mu puke, lol, i mean, that was bad, imo, secondly go down the first flight of stairs and wak between them and the wall, and he floats, lol, i hope they fix stuff like that,

the camera - my main man wont walk backwards, when you hit back he turns around and walks forward, but i want to see the other directions, so i move the mouse around and hes walking the wrong way again, he needs to backpedal when i press the s button to move backwards,

but all in all i liked it, and will play it some more, ill probably bet it when it comes out, or a little after that.