Climbing The Ranks :)

Bosco

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im so happy im finally going to turn in my two big gromacs. one is already done and the other should be finished in around an hour. i hope i dont get another one of those on my p4. i didn't on my athlon so im pretty happy

I'm still waiting to get a case and RAM for my A7A266/T-Bird 1.2 rig. Add some more power to my F@H contributions.

wow,,you just bumped a post that hasnt been touched in over a year...

:withstupid: i was thinking the same thing.....

and on the topic of F@H, I've just gotten like my 5th 563 in a row. They're really quick, but are worth ., but owell, at least it boosts my WU count.

And i'm approaching the 2k point mark :)

...I have 2/450mhz P2s, a 333mhz P2, and a 266mhz P2 they are so slow I do not think they are worth running what do you guys think?...

Well, my 450MHz PII pulls one percent in roughly 1 hour, 16 minutes on a p563. Just something to consider. Perhaps your 450's might be worth it, maybe even the 333, but even Taz would think twice before using a 266 :P

even Taz would think twice before using a 266 :P

Depends... 200 MMX is 'absolute minimum' spec for running F@H :P

All recomendations would indicate that either AMD or Intel processors above 500Mhz with MMX would be the most worthwhile... and of the AMD's, K63+ and up (highly recomended) ;)

Just a reminder that Celeron A's + are quicker for Mathematical processes :P;)

I had been away from seti and folding for about two years. I don't even remember what my alias used to be. But seeing so much entusiasm on the OCC made want to cooperate again. So far I have manages to set up 4 P4s at my office, this ones are left on at night. I'll be able to add some more but the rest will be powered on for just some 8-10 hours a day.