Bios Flash My Dell?

trace

i am saving up for a new comp, but until then, is there a way i can flash my bios so i can OC my cpu?

Dell does not make their own mobos. They are just like us. Use 3rd party manufacturer parts, but in this case DELL probably uses El Cheapo, sweatshop made, already previously used parts in order to make a brand "NEW" Dell PC to save on costs. Have you tried using SiSoft Sandra to see what mobo you have? It should say who manufactured it. If it does you can go from there and get a BIOS for it. If it just says "DELL motherboard" then I guess you'll have to go to the Dell website to get one or call Dell customer service to see if one is available.

It's good that your saving to build yourself a new pc. It's much cheaper and very rewarding knowing that you successfully built it yourself like I have.

exactly...my PC now is no sluch...but the one i am saving for will rock...i am hoping to get some good OCs on it:

A64 3200+ winchester

1gb G.skill LE

6600GT

2x36gb raptors in raid-o

MSI nForce4 ultra mobo

Dell does not make their own mobos. They are just like us. Use 3rd party manufacturer parts, but in this case DELL probably uses El Cheapo, sweatshop made, already previously used parts in order to make a brand "NEW" Dell PC to save on costs. Have you tried using SiSoft Sandra to see what mobo you have? It should say who manufactured it. If it does you can go from there and get a BIOS for it. If it just says "DELL motherboard" then I guess you'll have to go to the Dell website to get one or call Dell customer service to see if one is available.

It's good that your saving to build yourself a new pc. It's much cheaper and very rewarding knowing that you successfully built it yourself like I have.

400085[/snapback]

First off, no company can make a motherboard in a sweatshop. It just doesn't happen that way. :rolleyes:

Dell for the most part uses an Intel board, and as far as I know, they are new. Dell sells their refurbed or used parts as REFURBED OR USED. Do this, open mouth and insert your foot. One of my primary rigs is a Dell, it's a great PC, spite the fact that it has onboard video and not an AGP riser. I had no trouble figuring out what my Dimension 2400 had for a board, but Intel does not support it at all on their website. It's a private "OEM Only" board I would assume, and I have yet to even find a BIOS for mine.