Xp-120 On An Msi K8n Neo2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it says there is a protective film and i spent ages seeing if there was something, and mine didnt have one on either, my temps were bad to begin with but now my temps are about CPU 32C and case 19 - 25 clocked @ 2.42 ghz, sept case temps are high at the moment because ive got my graphics card clocked @ 549mhz core and 579mhz memory gpu temps 33 ish

395925[/snapback]

I assume you got an X800XT PE with Silencer?

Cause I got the same, and mine idels at 40 :wacko:

and its not even OCed!!!

And you call that High temps??? :O

What have I done wrong here :lol:

How come my temps are so much higher??

I got an XP-90, and that didnt hav a protective film on it either :wacko:

Got a 92mm Panflow fan on it, and still getting 45 Deg Idel temps :wacko::angry:

I just put my xp-120 on today and no cap bending. I mean it was close to touching so I moved it no crap about 2mm. Fits like a glove. The fan I got does not fit that well with the clips but it work nice. The whole system is pretty quite. Just wondering how much CFM do you 120 fans move and how loud are they?

I just got a neo2 in and I have been looking at XP120 and XP90 and they sound like a pain in the butt. I read somewhere that the winnchester core is supposed to use less power and there for, not run as hot. But I've been hearing "heat storys." Whats up with that? Do they run hot running stock (no OC)?

Thanks for that Big ears, ordered the MSI board yesterday, I bought a AMD64 3200 winchester last week with the thermalright sink, I also bought an abit AV8 mobo to build a 64 bit system (thermalright and abit fit together fine). Got it all together and couldn`t get it to boot, after two frustrating evenings of trying to get it to work I went on the internet to find the abit board has issues with the 90nm processor, it needs new bios. Not being able to flash it, and peeved at abit`s crap response to the problem I decided to swap mobos, only to find (according to the compatability chart) the heatsink wont fit! Thanks to everyones advice on here I ordered the msi yesterday, hopefully, by the end of the week it will be together and running like a dream!

Ok, second time is a charm. Had to re-type all what I was posting. The first one was better!!! :angry:

I'm somewhat bewildered on the installation of the Thermalright XP120 on my MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum board. :unsure: I've read some configurations by others saying that they have it installed. Maybe they meant the regular NEO board or something. This is a massive heatsink and I'd rather check first-hand than be a dimwit. If others are saying this, then why does the offical website clearly state that it's not compatible? Possible is one thing, maybe it needs to be rigged. Here's the website: XP-120 A64 / A64FX Motherboard Compatibility Information

Not Compatible (caps mechanically obstruct pipe.)

I've heard two things about the install. It was a tight fit or it had sufficient space. Which is it? I haven't seen any pictures of it done. Does the heatsink direction have anything to do with it? Was there any special attachments used? Does it cover up the DDR channels 1 and 2? I'm not worried about the memory part as much, there's always 3 & 4.

And yes, I do need this kind of cooling.

Any experience with this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT---------------------------------

I just read some other stuff. My memory should clear just fine. That sure does scare me about the caps though. Snug might be the case though. Temps seem to be varied about this post. I was expecting about 38-41c.

Edited by Nesmira

Just spent the last couple of days mounting a 120 on a Abit AV8 - set it 4 times and am @ 113F - it fits in both directions - right or left - room at 73 F - think Ill go back to good oh H2O :P

Edited by E Fudd